Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Monday!

We took the kids to Old MacDonald's Farm a petting zoo.

I've finished a few books, and have a several book reviews that need to be done. I'm hoping to have them done this week. What have you read this week?



Welcome to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading! 
Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

 
Currently Reading...
Soul Screamers Volume One (Soul Screamers 0.5, 1, 2) by Rachel Vincent (Moved to back burner.)
It starts with a scream….
New York Times bestselling author Rachel Vincent's compelling Soul Screamers series keeps getting better—here, for the first time, the original stories are compiled into one special volume….
My Soul to Lose
—The prequel: never before in print!—
Kaylee is just your average girl shopping at the mall with friends—until a terrified scream bursts from her that cannot be stopped. Taken to a hospital ward, will she be able to save her mind—and her life?
My Soul to Take
She's always felt different, but now Kaylee discovers why. The screams that cannot be denied mean that someone near her will die—and she can never save them. Because saving one life means taking another….
My Soul to Save
Going on dates with her boyfriend is still new to Kaylee. But when the singer of the band they're seeing dies onstage and Kaylee doesn't scream, she knows something crazy is going on. Soon she discovers souls can indeed be sold….


Cake: A Fairy Tale by Dina Keratsis (Review)
She has nothing left to lose... When Breena stumbles into the enchanted borderland of Cake, she is given the choice to return to her world or face the unknown. Unable to bear returning to her empty life, she embraces the challenge, much to the annoyance of the handsome, brooding Rune. He wants redemption... Long ago, Rune failed in his duty to guard the Queen Likely and vowed never again to let desire rule him. Then he meets Breena, the last Likely, and least likely, to succeed. Sworn to protect her from the killer who seeks to destroy Cake, Rune is forced to face his awakening desire for the one woman he can never have. Together, they embark on a magical journey to save Cake and while Rune abandons his heart, Breena discovers that she has everything to lose.

Behind Blue Eyes by T.L. Schaefer(Reading for DDR almost done)

When all eyes are on you, there s nowhere to run except TOWARD the truth.

Crime-scene photographer Sara Covington hides behind her camera from the otherworldly ability that s caused her nothing but grief her whole life. Yet denial doesn t protect her when she runs across a serial killer with an aural signature she s never encountered.

Suddenly she s without a job and with nowhere to turn except to an enigmatic, sexy-as-hell detective with a disquieting talent for seeing right through her defenses.

Brian Roney s fascination with Sara compels him to bring her in on the case that ultimately gets her fired. Even though he senses her mutual attraction, something holds her back from stepping into his arms. He s as determined to find out why she s pushing him away as he is to keep her safe.

When the killer strikes again, Sara realizes the only way to stop the madman is come clean about her painful past and embrace the gift she has so long denied. Before the grisly trail of bodies leads right to her doorstep.Warning: A sexy alpha cop, a heroine with a past (and super spidey sense) and a maniac on the loose what s not to love?

Finished:
Heat Rises (Nikki Heat #3) by Richard Castle
Come Alive (Experiment in Terror, #7) by Karina Halle
Samuel's Girl by H.K. Hillman (Reading for NNMR)

On the agenda:  Books for review sites, book reviews and NetGalley books.
Check out my Summer TBR Challenge.
So what are you reading this week leave your link and I'll stop by.

11 comments:

  1. Interesting books with unusual premises. I was just imagining Soul Screamers as a movie when I read the blurb--either would be absolutely terrifying or absolutely headache-inducing, with continual screaming going on :) Enjoy your week reading and with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Soul Screamers would make a good thriller, but it might be headache inducing as well. Hopefully they would work around all the screaming lol. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Soul Screamers is such an amazing series...Rachel Vincent is an incredible author, one I'll happily read anything by! Happy Reading!

    Here's my What are you reading? Post!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't get very far on the first Soul Screamer book although I enjoyed the prequel very much. I think the characters were just too young for me. Ironically, there are a few books with children characters that I've enjoyed very much, you just never know what's going to tickle your fancy. I was disappointed because I loved Vincents' adult books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Soul Screamers books but just wish I was able to read them more, kids keep stealing my kindle every time I want to sit and read.

      Delete
  4. Cake: A Fairy Tale? Two of my favorite things put together! Sounds good to me! And isn't Behind Blue Eyes the name of a song as well? I think so but I'm terrible about getting the words to a song wrong. Whatever I'm thinking of, it's a song I like! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is, not sure though. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Petting Zoo's are always so much fun! Have a great reading week.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed ourselves. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. My kids and I always had fun at petting zoos. All your books are new to me, apart from Soul Screamers of course, which I loved. The last 3 books in the series are heart stopping good lol.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had fun the kids loved it. Yup still plugging away at Soul Screamers. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...