Friday, August 16, 2013

Making Ice Cream in a Blender

I have a receipe for a banana smoothie that I love and it's only 100 calories. One day I was making it and it came out much thicker than usual, which lead me to think hmm I bet I could make ice cream with my blender.
So I checked out making ice cream with a blender and found a bunch of recipes. Some I pinned for later this one I used to make vanilla ice cream.

1/4 cup milk
2 cups ice cubes
4 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
 Blend and stick in freezer for a few hours, then eat. 

The kids really liked it, I'd have pictures but they ate it all, although it was a bit too sugary or me. I'm going to experiment with this a bit, try toning down the sugar and adding fruit. Maybe try adding some cocoa powder to see if I can make chocolate. I also want to attempt to substitute coconut milk for regular and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.