Thursday, August 15, 2013

My First Omelet

This morning I decided to take on the daunting..., ok not so daunting, task of making an omelet. I'd never done this before but can make pretty decent scrambled eggs and figured they couldn't be that different. I was sort of right. I whipped up eggs like I was making scrambled eggs... eggs, milk, and seasoning. Now the big problem I have with cooking is my kitchen is ill equipped... it reminds me of Home Ec class in high school I have measuring cups, measuring spoons etc but not all of them. I have two tablespoons, a 1/2 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon... see where this is going. So when I went to make this I only have a huge 12 inch frying pan and no rubber spatulas, which is what everyone said you needed. Well I made it work. It would have been easier if I had a smaller pan and something that bent, but I did it.
So it's really thin and my seasoning was off, way to much garlic powder, but all in all for my first try I think I did a pretty good job. It was fully cooked and the cheese was melted. It didn't taste half bad. Although I think next time I'll use less filling.
But it would be sooo easier with the right tools. Maybe for my birthday I'll ask for some kitchen stuff so I can actually do cooking and baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...