Monday, August 12, 2013

Trip to Fort Ontario

Saturday we took the kids to Fort Ontario in Oswego, it's neat but really small. The things I love about doing trips like this is one they are educational and two they are usually cheaper than going to some where like an amusement park.
The fort is composed of four main buildings, several out buildings, and casements (I think that's what they're called.) There is also a small cemetery outside the fort.

looking down at fort from rampart
Barracks
mess hall in barracks
casement

cemetery
It was such a nice day a little cool with the wind coming in off the lake, but still sunny. The kids had fun and we enjoyed walking around and seeing the buildings. The only thing is that they were doing work on the Officer's House #1 so the displays were taken down. Also the other Officer's buildings was really sparse, just empty rooms for the most part upstairs. Still it was interesting. Although I'm a little bummed that we didn't see any ghosts. I mean the fort is reported to have spirit phenomenon and was featured on Ghost Hunters. It would have been cool to catch something in the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...