Saturday, September 21, 2013

Rondaxe (Bald) Mountain

I got to climb my mountain!!! Happy Dance!! It was my birthday present. Yup today was my birthday and I got to not only climb a mountain but we did the Cascade Trail Loop too. I'll do a post on that later, but it wasn't the first time we'd done the Cascade Trail.
Bald Mountain is wildly popular because it's easy and short only 2 miles round trip. That is if you don't get lost. Yeah we managed to take a wrong turn which lead to a beautiful vista (which Hubby was afraid I'd fall off) but then we couldn't find the "right" trail. It's a little embarrassing but hey it happens to the best of us.The trail is touted as being kid friendly, but I wouldn't take my kids on this below are picture of the actual trail.




Yes this is part of the trail!
It starts off as a deceptive low grade climb and then bam sheer rock. We watched one lady scooch down on her butt, as we we're heading down the mountain ourselves. The view is absolutely beautiful up there though.




If you do try this trail, get up there early before the parking lot fills up. There is also a fire tower on the mountain, but we didn't go up there... Hubby is afraid of heights so there was no point. It's so pretty up there right now with all the trees changing color, sigh. Totally worth scrambling over the rocks {grin} only thing is the pictures really don't do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.