Monday, October 28, 2013

{Book Review} Parent's Playbook for Learning by Jen Lilienstein

Parent's Playbook for Learning
by Jen Lilienstein
Publisher: Kidzmet
Released: November 30th 2012
Genre: Non-Fiction- Adult: Parenting, Education
How I got it: Received a copy from the author

Spring 2013 Pinnacle Award Winner - Best Parenting & Family Book

A detailed, practical guide to help parents (and teachers) understand how different personality types learn best, and includes a personality quiz. The techniques parents learn in this book will teach them specific, research-backed, actionable strategies amassed from nearly 100 reference texts with respect to how to create a learning environment that allows their kids to excel and develop confidence in their abilities, how to support and encourage their kids' education in ways that are best for him or her, and how to teach kids the strategies that help them each play to their individual learning strengths. The book reveals how each of the eight personality types naturally gets organized, gets motivated, approaches new concepts, learns in groups, takes notes and files knowledge, tackles homework and test prep, and handles success and failure.

Review: Since I've been home schooling my son I thought this book would be helpful. I found it very informative not only for my son by daughter  as well. Actually while reading I found myself applying the information to her more than my son. Probably because she's been in school longer and I know more about her learning habits. Yet I found things that applied to both kids and a wealth of information that I wasn't even aware of. After applying some of the things I learn I saw a increase in my daughter's grades.
Whether homeschooling or traditional schooling I think this is a handy tool for any parent who wants to be active in their child's learning process.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.