Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pumpkins = Pumpkin Seeds!!

Every year we carve pumpkins and every year I try to make roast pumpkin seeds. Well this year I think I finally got it, yeah most of the other years they didn't turn out so well. I know how do you crew up roasting pumpkin seeds, well you see I have a special talent for screwing things up. It's like a sixth sense or something.
Anyway here's how the kids wanted their pumpkins. J had the moon and stars, C had the Batman symbol.
It was so funny craving them, because my son, who loves to play in the mud and pick up bugs by the way, refused to help clean out the "guts". If even a seed fell near him, he start going eww, eww, icky gross and doing this little gross dance. It was so funny, I wish I had taken a picture, but my hands were all pumpkin "guts" and my camera is newish.

So after the craving of the pumpkins I took the seeds out washed them off, tossed them with some butter and salt, then threw um in the oven. I did 300F for around 30-40 minutes, I'm totally guessing on time because I just kept checking and stirring them. Once they were a golden color I yanked um out and let them cool before putting them in baggies. My daughter loves roasted pumpkin seeds and said this time they tasted like popcorn. So I guess I did something right this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...