Tuesday, November 12, 2013

{Book Review} A Single Girl's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse by JT Clay

A Single Girl's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse
by JT Clay
Publisher:Momentum Books
Released: November 1st 2013
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Horror, Zombie, post-apocalyptic
How I got it: NetGalley

It's the old story. Girl meets boy. Girl loses boy. Zombies attack.

Q, a trainee kindergarten teacher and martial arts expert, wants to woo beautiful vegan, Rabbit, but doesn't know how. Her luck turns during the zombie outbreak. She teaches Rabbit and his hippie friends how to make war, not love, and does her best to save him from the living dead.

But can she defeat evil ex-girlfriend, Pious Kate? And can love survive the end of the world?

Review: The cover of this book caught my eye immediately, there was just something about the chick with the axe and that mischievous smile that drew my eye. Of course the title helped too.
Quentin or Q as prefers to be called is my type of gal. She's a trainee to be a kindergarten teacher or here in the US a student teacher. The whole thing takes place in Australia which in itself is unique, because most apocalypse books I've read take place in the US. She tends to spend her nights playing shooter games on her PC, and teaches a girls Kung fu class. The thing is Q is a bit quirky, she doesn't deal well with “normal” people. Yet I loved her and her quirkiness, confession I kinda want to be like her when I grow up.
Now the down side to the book Rabbit and his hippie vegan a term used repeatedly through out the book. I really didn't like Rabbit, he was just the complete opposite of Q and as a love interest I didn't buy it at all. I liked Dave so much better and kept hoping throughout the book that Q would fall for him instead. I was sadly let down on this front, so the romance aspect of the book (if you can call it that) was a total flop in my opinion. The zombie aspect was much better. Although that didn't really pick up until a quarter of the way into the book. Still this was a good book and very funny, I don't think I've ever read a zombie apocalypse book that was this humorous.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...