Friday, December 27, 2013

{Book Review} Wonderland Volume 3 by Raven Gregory

Wonderland Volume 3
by Raven Gregory
Publisher: "Zenescope"
Release: December 31st 2013
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Graphic Novel
How I got it: NetGalley

Back to the beginning! Tired of fleeing from Wonderland, Calie and Violet begin to search for answers by delving into Charles Dodsgon's past. But a mysterious force from Wonderland might have other, darker plans in mind for them.

Review: One thing few people know about me is that I'm a fan of comics, a more well known fact about me is I love all things Alice In Wonderland. So this series is right up my alley.
The artwork is great, very well done for the story line. It's also fairly consistent although done by different artist.
Calie and Violet are decedents of Alice Liddell, the original Alice. This volume gives a lot of back story not only to Calie and Violet but also the Queen and Wonderland itself. I was hoping for more clarity after reading Vol. 2. Yet I find myself just as confused as ever and drawn deeper into the story line of this series. There are a lot of twist and turns in this plot and some aren't always straight forward as to why they're there. No pun intend.
As Calie and Violet fought to free themselves from the curse of Wonderland, I was pulled into their story and found myself routing for them. I'm interested in seeing how the books tie into one another and where the story goes from here. I will be definitely looking for the next volume when it come out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...