Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!

So for the past few days I've been doing house keeping not just on the blogs but around the physical house to bring in the New Year.  I can't say 2013 was great to me and my family, it wasn't totally bad either. Sure DK got laid off and still hasn't found work. But I did get to climb a mountain well technically two Bear Mtn- Cranberry Lake and Rondaxe (Bald) Mountain. Having DK home was nice since it meant that we got to do a lot more family stuff during the summer. Yet not having a steady income is super scary and means that I have no idea what 2014 has in store. Then there was the Ice Storm and the mess that left in it's wake.
So what do I have planned for Mama Knows Books well... I'm hoping to have more books reviews, book tours, and the usual stuff.
I actually spent the last week or so of Dec banging out all the book reviews I've had in queue, so I can start the New Year with a semi- clean slate. I say semi because I do have some books that I haven't received yet and some I'm debating etc. You know how it goes. I did get GoodReads and Amazon caught up, yay me. I've done some tackling of my TBR shelf as well, so I've managed to remove a few of those books, hopefully I'll be able to get through more of those in the next few months. We did buy the kids DS systems for Christmas ( we actually bought them when DK was still working and they were hidden for that long ) so maybe I'll be allowed to use my Kindle now.
I also have planned, well at least I'm hoping to redo the blog. With a new design, an "About me" page and removing the huge widget on the side bar.  I'll be trimming those down as well, some have already been taken down. So those are my plans for the blog, we'll see what I actually get done. 
I hope you all have a great New Year Year! What are your plans or this new year?

2 comments:

  1. How awesome that you started off 2014 with some book reviews already prepared. So nice to feel organized. I hope that this year is a wonderful one for you and your family filled with lots of laughs and good times. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it was nice while it lasted, I'm trying to stay on top of everything but ah well. Thank you, I hope yours is as well.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.