Tuesday, February 4, 2014

{Book Review} Organic Beauty With Essential Oil: Over 400+ Homemade Recipes for Natural Skin Care, Hair Care and Bath & Body Products by Rebecca Park Totilo

Organic Beauty With Essential Oil: Over 400+ Homemade Recipes for Natural Skin Care, Hair Care and Bath & Body Products
by Rebecca Park Totilo
Publisher: Rebecca at the Well Foundation
Released: January 31st 2013
Genre: Non-Fiction- Adult: organic beauty, natural beauty
How I got it: Received a copy from the author

✿Looking for that perfect all-natural aromatherapy bath product?✿
One that will keep your skin looking great, is appealing to smell, has actual therapeutic benefits, and doesn't break the bank?

Well, here it is!
Sweep aside all those harmful chemically-based cosmetics and make your own organic bath and body products at home with the magic of potent essential oils!


In this book, you'll find a luxurious array of over 400 Eco-friendly recipes for skin care and hair care such as Exotic Patchouli Massage Oil, Zesty Banana-Lemon Foot Cream and Jasmine Bath Bombs filled with breathtaking fragrances and soothing, rich organic ingredients satisfying you head to toe.


✔ Designed with the naturalist in mind, each formula draws from essential oils' well-known skin rejuvenating effects, showing you how to best care for your unique skin and hair type using all-natural botanicals.

✔ Included you'll find helpful tips and customizable recipes - all with step-by-step instructions - so you can have the confidence knowing which essential oil to use and how much when creating your own body scrub, lip butter, or lotion bar!

✔ Discover how easy it is to make bath treats like fragrant shower gels, dreamy bubble baths, luscious creams and lotions, deep cleansing masks and facials for literally pennies using only a few essential oils and ingredients from your own kitchen with Organic Beauty with Essential Oil .

Review:  You probably wouldn't know it, unless you read my other blog, but I'm actually really into creating my own beauty stuff. I've made lip balm, bath stuff, and hair products. So this was right up my alley. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to review it, and I'm really glad I didn't. Currently it's sitting on my table with a ton of sticky notes marking recipes I want to try. I like how the book begins with sort of an introduction to essential oils. Explaining how they work, storage, tips, dilution chart and a bunch of basic beginner stuff. I also really like the recipes to make your own coloring, I thought this was really neat.
The book is full of yummy sounding recipes, to put on your skin/ hair etc, but some actual sound good enough to eat. So far my favorite is the Mint-Chocolate lip balm, but I'm looking forward to trying more and finding other go to recipes. The only one I'm really hesitant about is the Deep Cleansing Cat Litter Facial Scrub, I mean even if it's unused and I hope it is, I have reservations about using kitty litter on any part of my body. There are more than just body and hair stuff, this book also has recipes for feet, hands, nails, and even mouth. You can make your own toothpaste, and with fairly simple house hold items.
If you're interested in making your own beauty products, want to get away from harsh chemicals, go green or (like me) just prefer to DIY stuff I highly recommend adding this book to your library. 


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the tour. I'm so glad you enjoyed Organic Beauty With Essential Oil and I hope you have fun making your own beauty products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organic Beauty With Essential Oil is interesting to read. I like the fact that it includes homemade recipes especially the recipe of homemade toothpaste. I have only heard of clay toothpaste review, which is organic and herbal recipe. I just hope that book will also suggest where to purchase the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniel, I've never heard of clay toothpaste, sounds kind of yucky. Unfortunately the book doesn't have suggestions on where to purchase, but there are a lot of great places on the internet. My personal fave is Appalachian Valley Natural Products. Their smaller, but ship fast and have good prices. Hope this helps.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.