Tuesday, April 8, 2014

{Book Review} Grimnirs (Runes #2.5) by Ednah Walters

Grimnirs (Runes #2.5)
by Ednah Walters
Publisher: Firetrail Publishing
Released: December 2nd 2013
Genre: Fiction- YA(17 & up): Urban Fantasy, Norse Mythology, Romance
How I got it: NetGalley

Straight out of the psych ward, Cora just wants her life to be normal. She doesn’t want to see souls or the reapers collecting them. The guy she’s loved from a distance for years moves away without saying goodbye. So yes, she’s nursing a serious heartbreak. It’s no wonder love is the last thing on her mind when Echo storms into her life.

The chemistry between them is mind-blowing.The connection defies logic. Even better, the souls leave her alone when he is around.

Too bad Echo is the poster boy for everything she hates in a guy—hot, beautiful,and cocky. He is also a soul reaper. A Grimnir.
The very beings she wants out of her life. Maybe normal is overrated because Cora wants it all. Answers. Love. A life.

Review: I was immediately drawn to the cover of this book. It's just beautiful. When I requested it I didn't realize it was book 2.5, having not read the others I was a little lost at first. Not just for this reason, but also because from the blurb I thought Cora knew what was going on, but that wasn't the case. She's just as confused as I was.
Once I got my bearings and was able to figure things out I was intrigued by the world Ms Walters created. I've never been big on Norse Mythology but knew enough to understand what was going on. If you're not familiar with it no worries, things are explained.
I liked Cora she was sassy, loyal, and tough. Yet I hated the whole come here/ go away game Echo played. It really irked me, he's this thousand year old being and yet he messes with her feeling like some teen. I felt he should've been able to get himself together. I was astounded by a few scenes and felt they were totally inappropriate for a YA novel. I could by pass all the groping but.... well lets just say I skipped a page or two because it made me highly uncomfortable. Let's just say I wouldn't let anyone under 17 read this and that's pushing it.
It had a decent plot, moved along well giving us and Cora clues with bits of action as well. I mostly enjoyed the characters. Over all a pretty good book, but loses points for the naughty bits.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.