Saturday, May 3, 2014

{Book Review} Phase by Adam Hamdy

Phase
by Adam Hamdy
Publisher: Dare Books
Released: March 12th 2014
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Mystery, Paranormal
How I got it: Received a copy from author

Thomas Schaefer is haunted by a memory. He has devoted a large part of his adult life to finding his kidnapped daughter. Since Amber’s disappearance ten years ago, Schaefer has become an expert in the recovery of missing people – his particular speciality is rescuing young adults from cults. When an old friend brings him a case that bears striking similarities to Amber's kidnapping, Schaefer starts down a dark path that threatens his very existence.

Review: Phase is the tale of a man spiraling into insanity. I felt sorry and pity for Thomas, but didn't really like him. Thomas Schaefer's daughter disappeared from her bedroom ten years ago. Ever since he's been obsessed with finding her, he's burned and spurned all who were close to him. Taking up a living that is killing him while doing the best to self-medicate his woes with alcohol. He takes a case that is almost identical to his daughters disappearance and is a very dangerous tight rope for him to walk.
Thomas is pulled into a dark and dangerous world and I found myself pulled right along with him. The plot moves along well, with just enough action to keep things from getting stale. Even though Thomas's methodes were questional, I did find myself hoping that Thomas would be able to find his daughter and the little girl he was serching for. The twists in the plot were unexpected and I have to admit I'm still puzzled as to weather this had a happy ending or sad one. Guess it depends on your outlook. Over all this was a good, well written book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...