Friday, June 6, 2014

{Book Review} The Zombie Axiom (In the Time of the Dead Trilogy, #1) by David Monette

The Zombie Axiom (In the Time of the Dead Trilogy, #1)
by David Monette
Publisher:Severed Press
Released:April 11th 2014
Genre:Fiction- Adult: Horror, zombies
How I got it: received a copy from the author via Bewitching Book Tours

A handful of survivors claw out a life amid the ruins of the world, all the while fighting the zombie hordes.

In Northern New York State, three uncommon allies lead one of these bands in this epic struggle as they learn both the strengths and weaknesses of their enemies… and of themselves.

Pushed to their limits and holed up on a remote lake island, life has taken on a new normality. That is until winter arrives and all hell will freeze over. For it is then that the open waters of the lake, the only barrier against the unrelenting dead, will freeze. And the monsters will come. By the thousands…

Review: For the most part I liked this book. The characters were real and interesting. The plot was pretty standard for a zombie story, with the exception of the necromancer part. I have to admit, didn't see the meteor, necromancer thing happening. I also have to say I didn't care for it. I didn't get the necromancer character, and I couldn't grasp the whole concept either. So was it some sort of natural biological thing or extraterrestrial manufactured thing, virus or what that gave him this power over the dead. That's never really explained.
Anyway I did like the idea of the island and it did answer my question about what would happen when winter hit. The black and white illustrations were very well done and worked well in the story. Over all it was a decent read, but I could have lived without the hoodoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...