Wednesday, July 30, 2014

{Book Review} Amity by Micol Ostow

Amity
by Micol Ostow
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Released: August 26th 2014
Genre:Fiction- YA: Horror,
How I got it: NetGalley

For fans of Stephen King and American Horror Story, a gruesome thriller suggested by the events of the Amityville Horror.

Inspired by a true-crime story of supernatural happenings and gory murders, Amity spans two generations and beyond to weave an overlapping, interconnected tale of terror, insanity, danger, and death.

Review: My first impression of Amity was rip off, mostly Amityville Horror but also a bunch of random stories I've seen or heard. I could have forgiven how much was pulled from the other stories if it had been done well and not so obvious.  The thing with the axe, and how Luke was always cold are just two examples. I felt there was just to much, Amity was built on a Indian burial ground, as well as an underground railroad of sorts for witches, was an insane asylum and there was a brutal murder there. Oh and Gwen had psychic powers. See just to much, it made me have a hard time getting into the plot.
I found the pov jumping confusing and annoying. I had a hard time keeping things straight especially since the two plot lines were so alike. It was frustrating.
I was really looking forward to a good story like, as in similar to, the Amityville Horror, that scared the pants of me (the book not the thirty thousand movies). Yet it wasn't, it was just another rehashing of the same stuff. I guess I'll have to keep looking for that next scare me stupid book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.