Wednesday, July 9, 2014

{Book Review} Haunted Stuff: Demonic Dolls, Screaming Skulls & Other Creepy Collectibles by Stacey Graham

Haunted Stuff: Demonic Dolls, Screaming Skulls & Other Creepy Collectibles
by Stacey Graham
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications
Released: August 8th 2014
Genre: Non-Fiction- Adult: Ghosts, paranormal, haunted
How I got it: NetGalley

Finding a one-of-a-kind antique doll at a garage sale is a great feeling--until you bring that doll home and discover it's haunted. Objects with restless spirits attached to them can quietly invade a home through auctions, antique dealers, estate sales, garage sales, and inheritance. This spooky collection examines a wide variety of haunted items, from screaming skulls to demonic dolls, and how they affect the owner's life. Haunted Stuff provides true accounts of possessed possessions, often found in the strangest places. Discover chilling stories of the island of haunted dolls, the tumbling coffin, Rudolph Valentino's cursed ring, and even the Queen Mary ocean liner--one of the largest haunted items of all. Experience these true accounts that will make you look closer at the antiques on your shelf . . . and wonder if that creepy doll just blinked.

Review: I found this informative and slightly creepy. Then again the idea of haunted toys freaks me out anyway. If you've ever watched Haunted Collector (or as Hubby and I call it The Haunted Antique Road Show) then you'll enjoy this book. Although I'm on the fence about the ships and cars, granted they are objects but I wasn't sure if they fit with the other stuff in the book. I guess it's just when I think of collectibles I think of small things like dolls, jewelry etc.
I enjoyed the tales in this book and I could relate to some of the stuff. Before my children where born we used to frequent antique shops and some times you'd get creep vibes off things. I know more than once I thought I caught movement from the corner of my eye in an old mirror. But then again I have an over active imagination too, so who knows. But the point is I get that objects could be haunted by previous owners. Some of these stories I have heard before like the dolls named Robert and Annabelle, but the majority were ones that were new and I really liked that it wasn't a rehash of the same old same old. I did roll my eyes at the obligatory reference to the Warrens Haunted Museum, even though I knew it had to be coming.
Over all a well researched and informative book.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...