Thursday, July 17, 2014

{Book Review} Under the Final Moon (Underworld Detection Agency #6) by Hannah Jayne

Under the Final Moon (Underworld Detection Agency #6)
by Hannah Jayne
Publisher: Kensington
Released: August 5th 2014
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance (light on the romance)
How I got it: NetGalley

It's not the end of the world--until it is. Sophie Lawson may be a mere human with no special abilities except a strong immunity to magic. But the havoc she's wreaked on the supernaturals who come up against the Underworld Detection Agency have earned her plenty of enemies. Still, a girl can't freak out every time a horribly barbecued corpse is found with her business card in its hand. Or see a sudden glut of earthquakes, wildfires and three-headed dogs as just another day in California. But Alex Grace, her favorite fallen angel, is concerned--or saying he is to see more of her. Getting Sophie to see all the signs of the Apocalypse is an interesting way to heat things up. Or maybe what's making everyone hot under the collar is the fact that all Hell is about to break loose. . .

Review: The first thing that drew me to this book was the cover. I mean check out the kick butt chick with the flames it just screams awesome. Problem is Sophie was getting her butt kicked more than kicking butt. She cried at a drop of the hat through out the entire book, seriously the whole thing. I haven't read any of the other books in this series so maybe that accounted for my being a bit confused by a few things, which I'll forgive. The thing I can't forgive is her back and forth over Will and Alex. It was super annoying, we all knew who was going to get her mainly because he had the most page time. Just for the record I was behind Will, sexy fireman with British accent vs fallen angel cop phhttt no contest. But I digress, Sophie's daddy issues grated on my nerves He's Satan but I still want him to love me, I good, but still want daddy's validation... oh my goodness get over it. He's the devil, either you join the dark side or your against him. Kind of a no-brainer.
All this vented the book did have some good points. The plot and writing were solid, Ms Jayne seemed to have a good grasp of the genre itself. Her world building was great, I actually really enjoyed the secondary characters and their interactions. I enjoyed Sophie's wit, and the few moments when she actually grew a back bone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...