Wednesday, July 23, 2014

{Book Review} Vanquishing Ghosts & Demons: A Medium's Harrowing Tales of Removing Evil Spirits by Sandrea Mosses

Vanquishing Ghosts & Demons: A Medium's Harrowing Tales of Removing Evil Spirits
by Sandrea Mosses
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications
Released: August 8th 2014
Genre: Non-Fiction- Adult: Ghosts, paranormal, hauntings
How I got it: NetGalley

The bizarre and terrifying true accounts in this book will have readers on the edge of their seats, aghast at what is "out there" and what can happen to those unlucky enough to cross pathways with deadly astral predators.

This book explores more than 30 case studies of spiritualist medium Sandrea Mosses and her colleagues as they battle ghosts, ghouls, and demons that have entered our world through portals or invitation. This is not a how-to book -- in fact, the author is quite clear that inexperienced individuals can actually cause astral onslaughts to escalate and unwittingly bring great danger into their own life. However with the proper people, training, and tools, dark entities can be beaten.

In her work, Sandrea Mosses has removed astral beings from people, places, and the land itself. She has encountered everything from eerie ghost hauntings to creepy other-dimensional beings to full-blown demonic infestations.

Review:  I thought this was going to be a really interesting and spooky book, but I was so wrong. It was like a bad Sy Fy channel show. From the beginning when Ms Mosses claimed she had spirit guides one called White Feather and he was a Native American I just couldn't take the book seriously. For me Ms Mosses lost her creditability right there. It just seemed to tv for me. I have actually met folks in tune with the spirit world and my aunt studies Reiki Healing. Which is why this read to much like fiction for me.
I also felt there was way to much focus on demons. Granted I did expect some tales of demons, but it seemed about ninety percent of the stories were about demons. Which is just cliche in my opinion. I found the stories anticlimax, all ending pretty much the same. I wasn't even all that impressed with the writing. Basically this just wasn't for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...