Wednesday, September 3, 2014

{Book Review} The Dead Are Watching: Ghost Stories from a Reluctant Psychic by Debra Robinson

The Dead Are Watching: Ghost Stories from a Reluctant Psychic
by Debra Robinson
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications
Released: September 8th 2014
Genre: Non-Fiction- Adult: Paranormal
How I got it: NetGalley

Psychic Debra Robinson investigates hauntings and helps send spirits to the other side. A haunted factory owner's suicide and guilt over leaving his son permeates the building but lifts after Debra's assurances that his family is okay. A strange and terrifying investigation of an unreported murder with the body stuffed down an outhouse changes lives. Ongoing visits in Debra's own home keeps her family on edge. Terrifying and inspiring true stories pulled from Debra's life round out her new work with more evidence of the afterlife from those who've found that love survives beyond death.

Review: Ok the cover and blurb make this sound much more scary than it actually is. The book is basically a bunch of stories from Ms Robinson's experiences with the paranormal. While interesting, not really campfire material. I did like how the stories were of places that weren't famous, just regular old houses. I thought it was refreshing to read stories that didn't have demons, vortexes or spirit guides. Ms Robinson was knowledgeable yet not over bearing. She didn't seem to flaunt her gifts, but did use them to help people understand what they were dealing with.
I liked her writing style and storytelling ability. It kind of reminded me of being a kid and listening to the grown-ups tell of their own experiences. Yes my family had a lot of ghostly happenings, still does now and again. Over all I liked that Ms Robinson came across as someone looking for answers just like the rest of us.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.