{Book Review} Party Games: A Fear Street Novel (Fear Street) by R.L. Stine

Party Games: A Fear Street Novel (Fear Street)
by R.L. Stine
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Released: September 30th 2014
Genre: Fiction- YA: Horror
How I got it: NetGalley

Her friends warn her not to go to Brendan Fear's birthday party at his family's estate on mysterious Fear Island. But Rachel Martin has a crush on Brendan and is excited to be invited. Brendan has a lot of party games planned. But one game no one planned intrudes on his party—the game of murder. As the guests start dying one by one, Rachel realizes to her horror that she and the other teenagers are trapped on the tiny island with someone who may want to kill them all. How to escape this deadly game? Rachel doesn't know whom she can trust. She should have realized that nothing is as it seems… on Fear Island.

R.L. Stine makes his triumphant return to Shadyside, a town of nightmares, shadows, and genuine terror, and to the bestselling series that began his career writing horror for the juvenile market, in the new Fear Street book Party Games.

Review: As a young teen girl I loved the Fear Street books. I was even a member of the Scholastic Fear Street book club, which dropped off new Fear Street books to my house every month. So when I saw Party Games on NetGalley, I couldn't resist this little piece of nostalgia.
Rachel is invited to Brendan Fear's birthday party. Since he's her crush she says yes, even though he is a Fear and everyone knows Fear's are weird. Ferried out to Fear Island to Brendan's families summer house, she and a group of kids from school plan to party all night. Little do they know what's waiting for them.
The plot was engaging and spooky, with fun twists that kept me guessing.
I felt this was a great addition to the Fear Street line, and Mr Stine still has it after all these years.


Comments

  1. Aha, Stine! I know him well! I like these books. They're easy and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.