Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cemetery Walks: Military Cemetery and Sackets Harbor

Today we visited the Military Cemetery in Sackets Harbor. This is a very small cemetery and if it wasn't for the tank in front of it we would have missed it altogether. There's really not much to tell, the stones date back to The War of 1812.









It's a nice quiet cemetery, very peaceful.
We also walked around town a little bit and I got some pictures of the historic buildings.
Augustus Sackett's Mansion

Union Hotel now Museum
 I was really bummed, I wanted to visit the museum but it looked closed for the season. Most places on the water like Sackets close after Labor Day, they usually only open in the Summer. Also unfortunately the kids were being stinkers and didn't want to walk around so we had to cut the trip short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...