Please bear with us as we undergo some reconstruction.

Monday, November 10, 2014

{Book Review} Herbs for Natural Beauty: A Storey Basics Title by Rosemary Gladstar

Herbs for Natural Beauty: A Storey Basics Title
by Rosemary Gladstar
Publisher: Storey Publishing
Released: November 4th 2014
Genre: Non-Fiction- Adult: beauty, DIY
How I got it: NetGalley

In this Storey Basics® guide, renowned herbalist Rosemary Gladstar shares her favorite recipes for holistic beauty and body care, including her amazing five-step skin care program and all-natural recipes for herbal cleansers, steams, astringents, creams, therapeutic bath blends, massage oils, shampoos, conditioners, and more.

Review: I love making my own beauty products. You know whats going in and are able to adjust to your own special skin type, allergies, etc. This book offers a wealth of knowledge on just that. Recepies for all sort of skin, hair, and over all body care, using natural products.
I really liked this book and all it had to offer. It's written in an easy way so even a person new to DIY beauty can understand and follow it. I also liked that the recipes are all that strict, the author even admits to just adding what seemed right. Using coffee mugs as measuring cups and regular table spoons for measuring spoons. I use this approach myself and have much more fun, playing with the ingredients never knowing quite what will come out. It's fun and sometimes gains the best result.
Over all a very informative and good book if your interested in creating your own beauty products.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.