Monday, December 8, 2014

{Guest Post} Haunting You by Viola Estrella Playlist


When I’m in the midst of writing a story, inspiration comes from everywhere and anywhere. Music is probably at the top of the list.

I love listening to music almost as much as I love reading. Which makes sense. They both tell a story. And of course, the songs and books I’m drawn to have a bit of romance and passion—sometimes humor, sometimes quirkiness.

So it’s inevitable that music finds a way to intertwine with my writing. Each book I write has its own playlist—a compilation of songs that either are mentioned in the book or remind me of the story in some way.

Haunting You has an eclectic playlist. Because the hero, August Kline, used to be a member of a 80s tribute band, a few of my 80s titles made the list, as well as a few that simply reminded me of my characters and the story.

“Who Can It Be Now?” – Men at Work (My heroine, Rachel, loves to listen to 80s and 90s music, and she’s listening to this song at the beginning of the story. And since ghosts invade her apartment at any given time, this song is perfect for the vibe.)

“Let’s Go Crazy” – Prince (August Kline is listening to this song as he’s trying to deal with raising his teenage nephews while dealing with the task of taking care of his inherited home, which is mysteriously falling apart.)

“Trumpets” – Jason Derulo (Sexy song! Love it. And it goes well with how August feels each time he’s around Rachel.)

“Try” – Colbie Caillat (Rachel’s anxiety is a big issue in this book—something she must overcome in order to be happy. And this song fits perfectly with her journey.)

“Dancing in the Dark” – Bruce Springsteen (August plays this song on his piano for Rachel during a particular sexy moment in the story.)

“I Want Crazy” – Hunter Hayes (There’s a lot of crazy things happening with Rachel that August can’t figure out. Of course, this doesn’t stop him from wanting her.)

“You Might Think” – The Cars (Ditto with the above. Plus, August is humming this song at the beginning of a pivotal scene. Great song!)


Thank you!

Viola Estrella

Haunting You
Bewitching Women Series
Book 2
Viola Estrella

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Date of Publication: 10/25/2014

ISBN: 978-0-9856198-3-1
ASIN: B00OU1V41E

Number of pages: 302
Word Count: 85,500

Cover Artist: Estrella Cover Art

Book Description:

Rachel Spencer's life has been hijacked by the supernatural. Ghosts seeking help with their unfinished earthly business won't leave her alone. Her only hope for returning to normalcy and passing her next attempt at the bar exam is making a deal with one of the ghostly intruders. It should be simple--Ella keeps the other spirits away if Rachel agrees to help Ella's two teenage sons. No problem. Well, not until she meets the boys' guardian.

August Kline misses his old life. He never planned to raise two teenage hurricanes in an old house in small-town Indiana. But here he is, and he's determined to make the best of it...if he could only keep the house in order and not completely screw up his nephews.

Enter a gorgeous redhead who pops into August's world when life is at its grimmest. Rachel claims to be an old friend of Ella's and offers to help around the house. Sparks fly whenever they're together, and August is falling fast. Rachel keeps her distance, worrying her ghostly secrets will sabotage any chance of a relationship. But when danger appears and threatens the people she has grown to care about, she may have to face more than her own fears.

Available at Amazon BN ARe iBooks

a Rafflecopter giveaway


3 comments:

  1. An interesting playlist. I would have thought that the music would be distracting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, You're right that it's distracting (for me, anyway). I don't listen to music while writing, but my mind is constantly thinking about the story--writing it in my head first. A lot of times, music is what motivates me to sit back down and write that next scene on paper. Hopefully that makes sense. I think I was confusing in the post. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for hosting my guest blog! Pleasure to be here!
    Viola

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...