Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Cup of... (#1)

So what is this Sunday Cup of... that you are posting? Well it's a mash up of
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by: Book Journey
Mailbox Monday Located at: Mailbox Monday
Rambling Monday Hosted by: The Realm of Books

Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own weekly posts in the comments feel free.

In the News-

Our Backyard Friday Morning
Where I live was hit with a snow storm, sorta kinda, last week. It was one of those that hit hard for like an hour then died down, then slammed again, then died down. After being on vacation for two weeks, the kiddlets only had to go to school for two full days. Seriously? We totally would have had to go to school in this type of weather, back when I was a kid. I mean you can still see the trees... kinda.
I, on the other hand, had to go to work all my regularly scheduled days. Although I did come home early Tuesday, because we were going to get hit hard that night. Still totally not fair.

Book News-

I finally got the last of my Christmas books Saturday. My wonderful Mom gave me an Amazon gift card as a present which a dutifully spent on (come on what else would I spend it on) BOOKS!
I bought...
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses  by Molly Harper (one of my favorite authors I wanted to get her new book but it would have been pre-order so I'll wait)
Good Faeries/Bad Faeries by Brian Froud (Great artist, got this for research purposes)
The Great Encyclopedia Of Faerie by Pierre Dubois (also for research purposes)
Haunted Asylums, Prisons, and Sanatoriums: by Jamie Davis (on a paranormal kick)
The Uninvited: The True Story of the Union Screaming House by Steven A LaChance  (I'm a little obsessed with this story. It's weird can't explain it but I am...)
Blessed Are the Wicked: The Terrifying Sequel to the Uninvited by Steven A LaChance (Already read this for NetGally, wasn't crazy about it but thought I'd give it another shot since I bought the first one. Maybe things will make more sense after I read the first one)
Chasing Shadows: New York Ghosts by P.W. Creighton (stories from a ghost hunting group in Northern NY, where I live... paranormal kick and I had three bucks left on the gift card)

Also got for Christmas (shh don't tell but I was totally bummed Hubby only got me two books for presents. After 13 years how does this man not know what to buy me?)
New York State Ghosts by David J. Pitkin (I asked for this, but I think Hubby has alternate motives for buying it...eg he wanted to read it himself)

Review Copies in Mailbox-
Silhouette of Virtue by Richard Jay (currently reading)

Review Copies ebooks
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl: Book One by Paige McKenzie
Zombified (Zombie Apocalypse, #2) by Adam Gallardo

Bloggy News-

For those who haven't noticed or are new, I've begun uploading old video reviews (circa 2011-2012) on to my YouTube Channel. I will be making new ones when ever I have a chance, and I don't look like I just rolled out of bed.
On the blog last week...
1/5-{Guest Post} American Specter by Rasheedah Prioleau
1/6-{Book Review} Haunted Northern New York: True, Chilling Tales of Ghosts in the North Country by Cheri Revai
1/8- {Book Review} More Haunted Northern New York by Cheri Revai

If you want to see what's coming up just check the agenda widget in the sidebar.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post no link back needed. Have a great week!

20 comments:

  1. I didn't think Pierre Dubois was known outside of France, it's a surprise to see him quoted here. The weather is almost warm here, my daughters were impatiently waiting for snow to fall and prevent them from catching the school bus, but too bad lol ! Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hadn't heard of Mr Dubois before finding this book on Amazon, it seemed like the best fit for what I was looking for. I've only glossed through it so far but it looks good. I wish it was warm here. :) Have a great week yourself.

      Delete
  2. Yay for joining the Sunday Post! It's such a fun meme to recap the week. That snow storm sounds nasty! Hope you get some better weather soon. Nice haul! I haven't heard of most of the books you got, buy more books is always better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola, and Thank you for stopping by! We've had worst, last year just before Christmas we had an ice storm that knocked out the power for a week. It's all part of living in the North. :) Have a great week.

      Delete
  3. We were out of school last year for two "snow days" where it didn't even snow! Crazy.

    Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes if it just gets way to cold they'll delay or close here so the walkers don't have to go out. But yeah sometime I wonder what the schools are thinking when they close. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. It's cold here, but thankfully we didn't get snow. Stay warm and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky, although I'd be happy with snow and warm if it was possible lol. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. This winter is crazy everywhere. We haven't had too much snow, but the temperatures are quite cold.

    ENJOY your books....looks like you have some good reading waiting for you.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it had been. I don't like the cold, can take or leave the snow. It's pretty, but that's about it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Just looking at the picture makes me cold! We don't get snow very often here but when we do it's only a few inches and I'm not sold on it. You got some interesting looking books. I'm wanting to read more by Molly Harper and that Haunted Asylums book looks super creepy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lucky then. I love Molly Harper, here books are great. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. LOL You made me think of that line that starts with, "When we were kids we..." Actually I'm with you. We would have had to go to school. And I think I see a tree! LOL

    Here's my Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/11/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-92-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know there are couple fuzzy things in the picture that could be trees, that would have been good enough when I was a kids. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. That's the cutest pic for Sunday Cup of ... love it! Wow that looks like a fierce snow storm, total bummer you still had to go to work lol. We are sweltering away in Brisbane, it's hot and humid and unless you sit on the aircon you melt lol. Totally awesome book haul ... happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teddyree, It wasn't the worst we've had, but still sucked. I would totally take hot and humid right now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...