Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Cup of... (#2)

So what is this Sunday Cup of... that you are posting? Well it's a mash up of
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by: Book Journey
Mailbox Monday Located at: Mailbox Monday
Rambling Monday Hosted by: The Realm of Books

Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own weekly posts in the comments feel free.

In the News-

It's been a stressful week to say the least, we (as in me and my co-workers) got a talking to at work. My daughter's b-day was Tuesday and I had to make Poke-ball cupcakes for my daughter's class. Which turned out so-so, I never claimed to be a baker...
My son's dentist called Thursday afternoon to tell us he is finally scheduled for the surgery I've been trying to get him for over a year. Down side to this is it's Monday and he needed a pre-op physical. It was insane, getting him to the Dr Friday then trying to get them to get their stuff together to get the paperwork to the dentist who had to send it to the hospital. Can you say headache? Because I was ready for a stiff drink after everything was said and done. We did manage to get it all straightened out and he will be getting his teeth fixed on Monday. Yay? No he's going to be miserable.
We're hoping we can get my daughter in for her MRI and Chest X-ray that day too. She was complaining of chest pains, so we told the Dr. I got the orders in Dec, they are walk-in paper that we could do when we had time (ha), but with the weather, her being sick, work, the Holidays, the move, and etc. I haven't been able to get her up there yet. Thankfully she hasn't had any problems since we moved here, I think it might have been an allergy to something at our old place. Anyway fingers crossed we'll be able to get everything done and it won't be horrible.

Book News-

Review Copies ebooks:
A Taste of Upstate New York: The People and the Stories Behind 40 Food Favorites  by Chuck D'imperio (NetGalley)
Southern Spirits by Angie Fox (NetGalley)


What I'm Reading...
Chasing Shadows: New York Ghosts by P.W. Creighton (Still

Reading Next... (I know I said that last week too, but I need to do reviews first sigh.)
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses  by Molly Harper
Finished...
Silhouette of Virtue by Richard Jay (Book Tour Review)
Good Faeries/Bad Faeries by Brian Froud (Read for fun)

Bloggy News-


On the blog last week...
1/12-{Cover Reveal} Life Unaware by Cole Gibsen
1/13- Teaser Tuesday
1/16- {Book Review} Ghostly Liaison

If you want to see what's coming up just check the agenda widget in the sidebar.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!

20 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have lots to keep you busy!! Yikes! I've enjoyed a couple of books by Molly Harper and have that one on my TBR list too. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I hope it quiets down soon. Molly Harper is one of my favorite authors, so I'm sure it'll be good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. It's a shame the hoops we are forced to jump through to make sure our children are healthy. Glad you got things worked out.

    Looks like you have some good ones to read!

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/18/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-93-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you sure do have your hands full! I hope everything works out and your books bring you some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, everything went fine. Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. I hope all goes well with your son and daughter. The Tastes of Upstate NY caught my interest. I wonder if there is a recipe for venison. Have a great week and enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything went fine. The Tastes of Upstate NY is actually about food that got it's start in NY or was created there. It's pretty interesting. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Wow, you have had quite a time of it, with all the medical stuff...and that talking to. Yikes! Hope everything settles down. Enjoy your books...and I also love your button. Very eye-catching.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things calm down for you. I also hope you can get some reading done.

    It looks like you had a good week last week book wise.

    ENJOY!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your son's surgery goes well and he recovers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you have your hands full and medical stuff is so stressful, especially where our kids are concerned. Hope it all goes well. Good luck with the review backlog so you can get back to your book line-up ... I'm in the same boat lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great reading week. A Taste of Upstate New York: The People and the Stories Behind 40 Food Favorites by Chuck D'imperio sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you got some great books with this week. Hope all goes well with your childrens' medical procedures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.