Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Cup of...(#3)

Sunday Cup of... is a mash up of
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by: Book Journey
Mailbox Monday Located at: Mailbox Monday
Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own weekly posts in the comments feel free.

Well the kids made it through with no problems. J's test all came back fine, although she does need some more Vitamin D but then I think we all do this time of year. C 's surgery went fine and he is already demanding we take him to McDonald's, we did promise once he was better so we splurged Saturday.
We might finally get back on schedule Monday, Yay!
I broke down and bought a MP3 player, I've been using my phone since the demise of my kindle and now the Big Boss is clamping down on phones at work. So I needed something to listen to my podcasts on, I want to start listening to more audiobooks too. I've gotten several from Podio-Books and I know there are a bunch on iTunes if you just take the time to look. I've never really been into classics but I think I might check some out since there are quiet a few up there. Any suggestions on classics I should read?


Geeky Bloggers Book Blog


I'm pretty proud of myself this week I started on Tuesday and have been counting my steps on my pedometer since then. When we got groceries I think I did pretty good getting healthy and low cal foods. Then again diets never really been an issue, I actually like healthy food. Although I do have a gummy bear addiction (don't judge).
So here's how I did this week...
Tuesday: 2427 steps
Weds: 3313 steps
Thursday: 2397 steps & a 6 min Yoga Workout
Friday: 5051 steps
Saturday: 30 min Yoga Workout
Since I work sitting down I figure this is a pretty good start. Although the Big Boss has implemented a new rule that we can't leave the premises unless we're clocked out, some sort of insurance thing, this means I can only go on walks at lunch, instead of breaks and lunch like I was. Guess I could do laps around the plant... or something.

In the mailbox...
I received an ARC of by Tonya Kappes from HarperCollins. Thank you!

I also downloaded a few podio-books.

What I'm Reading...
by Tonya Kappes (Just Started)
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses  by Molly Harper ( Reward for dealing with stress.)
Chasing Shadows: New York Ghosts by P.W. Creighton (Still Reading)

Reading Next...
Ghost of a Promise (Phantoms, #1) by Kelly Moran (Review)
The Uninvited: The True Story of the Union Screaming House by Steven A LaChance (It's on the list)


Finished...
A Taste of Upstate New York: The People and the Stories Behind 40 Food Favorites  by Chuck D'imperio (Review to come)


I uploaded a new/ old video review of Fangs Rule to YouTube.

On the blog last week...
1/18 Sunday Cup of... (#2)
1/19 #FitReaders
1/21{Book Blitz} Forever Now (Forever #1) by Elise Sax
1/22 {Book Review} Adirondack Ghosts by Lynda Lee Macken

If you want to see what's coming up just check the agenda widget in the sidebar.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!

23 comments:

  1. We can't get out of work outside lunch breaks either, now, or... if we want to smoke ! So much for indulging healthy habits among the staff, lol ! I'm curious but where do you practice yoga ? Do you have a subscription at a club or do you workout at home with a DVD or else ? Have a great week and enjoy your audiobooks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, lol. I have a playlist of Yoga Workouts on YouTube that I like. Here's the link to it if you'd like a look. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9o3sUf_EGyMF1ZDRZatxesSfTdTe6RUo
      Thanks for stopping by, have a great week.

      Delete
  2. You had a busy week, and I'm glad everything worked out with the kids and their appointments. And you have done well, too, despite the annoying rules of the workplace.

    Enjoy your new week...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your children are doing well, especially C after his surgery. And my hat's off to you for starting an exercise regimen. I need to do that myself; I spend way too much time sitting. Have a good week, and thank you for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know what you mean, I sew all day so I really needed to start working out again. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I work outside so no problems with walking I should do the step counting thing. I'm curious how much I do in a day at work and at home. I'm restless by nature, so always moving. LOL
    It looks like you've been haunted this week. Lots of great Ghost books. I have A Ghostly Undertaking too!

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/25/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-94-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could work outside, sigh. Yup I like ghost stories. Hope you enjoy A Ghostly Undertaking. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Glad all went well with kids with tests and surgeries. You must be so relieved! Great job on the fitness challenge. I definitely need to get back into exercising - especially yoga - it's been far too long since I've done any. Good luck finding audio books. I know with reading classics I've been really enjoying some of the more children type classics - like Wind in the Willows and Little Women. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are, it's a lot of stress off our backs. Thank you, I really enjoy yoga and thanks for the suggestions.

      Delete
  6. I am doing my work outs in the lower part of our home... blasting music and trying to put in an hour a day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to put in that much time, but there just aren't enough hours in my day for that. I have to workout when I can. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Great work :)

    Well Austen is always good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was considering Austen, I've heard a lot of good things.

      Delete
  8. I agree, Vit D is needed especially at this time of year. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luck you! I can't wait to read Tonya's book. :)

    Brooke at http://www.brookeblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's good. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Could you maybe do some (subtle) exercise at your work station? I can't leave my desk during the day due to the phones needing to be covered (and believe me, they ring constantly!), but try to do sit-ups in the chair etc. Mind you, there is only 2 of us in the room, and the young guy who sits with me has become a good fried, so I can do with without being embarrassed.
    The Pegster Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe on lunch or break, I could. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  11. Sounds like good week, and some good books! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...