Tuesday, February 3, 2015

{Book Review } Adirondack Ghosts II: Haunting Tales of New York's North Country by Lynda Lee Macken

Adirondack Ghosts II: Haunting Tales of New York's North Country
by Lynda Lee Macken
Publisher: Black Cat Press
Released: April 3rd 2003
Genre: Non-Fiction- NA: Ghost stories, Paranormal
How I got it: Bought it

Journey farther than ever before into the little known spirit world of New York's North Country. Historic inns, posh resorts, museums, and private homes are some of the places where long gone folks are still entertained. The fantastic appearances of ancient spirits and resident wraiths convey the spine-chilling feeling that one is never REALLY alone in the hauntingly beautiful and vastly mysterious Adirondack Mountains.

Review: So I wasn't thrilled with book 1 in this series, but I thought hey I bought these books and by goodness I'm going to read them. Mainly I just wanted to know what places in the Adriondack's might be haunted, so I can keep my eyes peeled in case we ever go there.
Sadly book 2 wasn't any better than book one. In some ways slightly worst as a few of the stories are less than a page long and there is random clip are throughout the book. Again the tales are a mishmash of ghost stories and documentation strung together. Although I did feel this one was slightly better researched than the first. I enjoyed the historical aspects of the book, but not so much the paranormal. Ms Macken's writing style and story telling just didn't resonate with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...