Wednesday, February 25, 2015

{Book Review} Everyday Witchcraft: Making Time for Spirit in a Too-Busy World by Deborah Blake

Everyday Witchcraft: Making Time for Spirit in a Too-Busy World
by Deborah Blake
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications
Release: March 8th 2015
Genre: Non- Fiction- Adult: Wiccan, Ritual, Spells
How I got it: NetGalley

Everyday Witchcraft is a book for today's Witch--busy and overwhelmed, but still longing to find a way to make a spiritual connection and integrate her Pagan beliefs with her everyday life. Simple, fun, and easy to follow, this book is both practical and empowering. Includes "5 Minute Rituals" along with suggestions for easy daily or monthly practice. Bring magick into your everyday life!

Review: I really liked this book. While a lot of the techniques are things I already do, I found many new ways to incorporate my religion into my life. The "5 Minute Rituals" were inspiring. I really liked how she didn't get into needing lots of stuff, just lighting a candle or using simple affirmations were good enough. I liked how she encouraged readers to just find a few minutes of quite to enjoy the simple things. Even if you aren't a Pagan I feel you could get something out of this book, but substituting your God for those in the book. I have to admit I did just skim over the Egyptian God/dess I'm not really into that mythology, while it's interesting I just don't follow that path.
As a Norther New Yorker, myself, I liked the references to the Winter Blues. I loved her advice about going with the flow of the seasons. I used to get the Winter Blues quite often myself, and her advice resonated with me. Using Winter as a time of quiet and refection makes a great deal of sense, if you have ever been outside on a Winter day it is extremely silent. Unless your sledding with children then forget it. Actually a lot of things in this book resonated with me. I felt Ms Blake did a great job with this book, I enjoyed the way it was written as well. It felt as though I was talking with a friend who was given me advice as apposed to a book. Over all this was a very enjoyable read, and a welcomed addition to my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.