Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday Cup of... #5

Sunday Cup of... is a mash up of
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by: Book Journey
Mailbox Monday Located at: Mailbox Monday
Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own weekly posts in the comments feel free.

The only thing of note this week is that I got a new computer a Chrome book, which I need to learn all about. I picked it out purely by accident, not realizing that Chromebook runs on Chrome OS which is entirely Google based. Which isn't bad per say but it is a whole new learning curve when all I've ever used to Microsoft. Also I can't download any of the programs I used since none of them are supported, actually no programs are supported and you can't add any device that needs drivers.


Geeky Bloggers Book Blog



So here's how I did this week...
Sunday: ?
Monday:1685 steps & 6 min Yoga workout
Tuesday: 900 steps
Weds:4573 steps 
Thursday: 3010 steps
Friday: 6277 steps
Saturday: I forgot to put on my pedometer
 
So I didn't do very well this week. I did find a cool gadget... it's called Active Trk 8. I got it for $5 at a local store called 5 Below where everything is 5 bucks or less. It's a bracelet with a activity tracker and you put in your numbers at the end of the day. Honestly it's a pedometer with an app to keep track of what your doing, and the pedometer is kind of cheap. It's ok for $5 and at least now I have a better way to keep track of my calories and what-not right on my phone.

In the mailbox...
Nada this week.

What I'm Reading...
by Tonya Kappes (about half way through, still)
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses  by Molly Harper (Still Reading.)
Chasing Shadows: New York Ghosts by P.W. Creighton (Still Reading)
Extreme Paranormal Investigations: The Blood Farm Horror, the Legend of Primrose Road, and Other Disturbing Hauntings by Marcus F. Griffin (Still Reading)

I'll probably download some more Podiobooks or audio books to listen to at work this week as well. 

Reading Next...
The Uninvited: The True Story of the Union Screaming House by Steven A LaChance (It's on the list)


Finished...
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Listen to Audiobook)
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair (Listened to Audiobook)
Ghost of a Promise (Phantoms, #1) by Kelly Moran (Review Coming Soon)





On the blog last week...
2/1 Sunday Cup of... #4 
2/2{Cover Reveal} Life is But a Dream by Lee Strauss
2/3 {Book Review} Adirondack Ghosts II: Haunting Tales of New York's North Country by Lynda Lee Macken
2/3 Teaser Tuesday
2/4 {Cover Reveal} Jayded by Shevaun DeLucia


If you want to see what's coming up just check the agenda widget in the sidebar.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!


39 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a lot of spooky reads! I am not a big ghost or zombie person! Hope you have a great week reading what you love! My Sun Po is: http://fangswandsandfairydust.com/2015/02/snowday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I love my spooky reads, give me a ghost or zombie anytime :). Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. With all the Fitreaders counting their steps, I'm curious to know how much I'm doing everyday. 5$ is a very cheap price for such a useful device, I'll be looking at my local store see if I find anything like this. Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of free apps that do the same thing, if you can find a cheap pedometer you'd be all set. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. The ActiveTrac 8 sounds cool and for 5.00 you cannot go wrong. Good luck learning all the new things on your Chrome laptop.I use Chrome desktop and love it. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could plug my calorie intake into it to track as well, but I guess we can't have everything. LOL! Thanks, I've used Chrome before, but was a Firefox gal. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I just finished A Ghostly Undertaking and really enjoyed it! You have several there I want to read!
    I was talking to my sister and she warned me to be careful when buying a new computer. She mentioned some of the same things you did. Now, Ill be asking lots of questions first.
    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/02/07/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-96-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it as well. I wish I'd been paying more attention, but what done's done. I'll make it work. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your new reads...and figuring out your new Chrome book...I am too afraid to change from Microsoft...even Mac scares me, although my iPhone is fun.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's daunting especially with technology. The biggest thing is everything is designed to work with just those two operating systems. Although that is probably why they designed the Chromebook the way they did. Anyway I'll figure it out, I like a challenge. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh was that your first time reading Pride and Prejudice? It's like my all-time favorite book! I read it every single year in April. I haven't listened ever, I might have to try that! You'll have to let us know how the Chrome Book ends up working out for you, I've been curious about it, but I'm a windows girl so I hesitate. It might be really good for my mom though, since all she really does is online. Anywho., have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and No. It was my first time reading the real version. I'd read an erotic version some years ago. It might be. Thanks for stopping by, you too.

      Delete
  7. Awesome week you had! I know what it's like to deal with a new computer that doesn't have what you really want. It's so annoying!

    My Sunday Posts: http://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-sunday-post-meme-18.html
    http://surrealmoviesandtvblog.blogspot.com/2015/02/the-sunday-post-meme-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's frustrating but might also be a good thing. I'm also learning workarounds so it's ok. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you've got some great books this week! I've thought about the Chrome book but have been scared the learning curve is a little steep. Hope you get everything sorted out! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and it isn't, the basic commands and what-not are the same. The issue is that there are no programs (ex Works, Office etc) and you can't download or add any, you have to use Googles Drive and apps. Other than that it's not a bad device. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. I've always, always had a PC but when I got into photography I bought a Mac, I thought it would be a steep learning curve but it's actually been ok. Good luck with your Chrome book. I hate it when I forget to wear my fitbit lol. What's P&P like on audio? One of my favourite books but I've only ever 'read' it. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time reading/ listening to P&P so it's hard to say. I liked it, I got it from LibraVox which was free, and I really liked the narrator so I enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. I hope you liked Jane Austen's book! It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww... Pride & Prejudice is a fave of mine.

    Seeing your steps this week reminds me I need a pedometer. I work from home a bit and some days never leave my apartment, so I'd hate to think what my 'steps' would be!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sew all day so my steps really aren't what I'd like. Hopefully once the snow is gone I can start walking on my lunch break. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. I'm not a big ghosty reader, I'm impressed with how much you read! I've been thinking about getting a Chromebook, I know all of those limitations. At work we use them with students and we use all the Google apps for productivity, so I wouldn't be learning anything new. I think the only thing I would miss would be photoshop. They're so inexpensive, even cheaper than a tablet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I felt the same way but found an app called Pixrl (I think that's how it's spelled) which let's you do graphics.

      Delete
  13. Good luck figuring out the ChromeBook. Looks like you had a busy week and lots of interesting books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with the Chrome computer. Lots of ghosts reads, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's nice to have a quiet mailbox from time to time. I hope you have a great week in books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your books look too scary for me. I avoid horror obsessively. I went of 10000 steps one day this week for the first time in 2015. I should get up and go for a walk right now! You can see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love horror, but know it's not for everyone. Wow that's awesome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  17. I don't count my steps but I'm curious as to how much I walk in a day. I have a pedometer but - lazy. I just forget to clip it on lol

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got some scary sounding books on there that I may need to go check out! I need to do more with keeping track of my steps than just looking at it in my phone, plus I need to start walking more for exercise. Hope you have a good week!
    Check out my Monday post

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your reading some interesting books!! :) I hope your enjoying them!

    Stormi
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh I have been needing a new computer for ages!!!! :) Check out my week if you want :) http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/sunday-post2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...