Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Cup of...(#4)

Sunday Cup of... is a mash up of
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by: Book Journey
Mailbox Monday Located at: Mailbox Monday
Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own weekly posts in the comments feel free.

So nothing really to report this week, we're finally back to normal. Hopefully we can stay this way for a while. No more stressing over stuff... Except the homemade Valentines I'm working on for the kids classes. Only two weeks left... Yikes!
I am bummed about one little teeny tiny thing. Mama Knows Books and Paranormal Brew were both nominated on Preditors & Editors 17th Annual Readers Poll for Best Review Site. While it's cool they were nominated I found it odd that Paranormal Brew managed to get 11th and Mama Knows Books didn't even place. I mean I've been blogging seriously on MKB since 2011 and  PB I just started in October. I don't even keep it regularly updated. So I want to know what can I do to make MKB better?


Geeky Bloggers Book Blog



So here's how I did this week...
Sunday: 10 mins on Exercise Bike
Monday:1954 steps & 6 min Yoga workout
Tuesday: 3052 steps
Weds:2581 steps & 5 min Yoga workout
Thursday: 2619 steps
Friday: 7669 steps
Saturday: Nada wasn't feeling well so called it a rest day
 
I really need to get back on the ball with diet and exercise. I'm trying but it's not easy. I think I might have to go back to tracking my calorie intake vs calories burned. I'm not trying to lose weight but just make healthier choices. I would also like to be able to run a few 5k's this Summer and not die. I really wish I could buy a treadmill, but I will have to settle for doing cardio on the bike until the weather gets warmer.

In the mailbox...

What I'm Reading...
by Tonya Kappes (about half way through)
A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses  by Molly Harper ( Reward for dealing with stress.)
Chasing Shadows: New York Ghosts by P.W. Creighton (Still Reading)
Extreme Paranormal Investigations: The Blood Farm Horror, the Legend of Primrose Road, and Other Disturbing Hauntings by Marcus F. Griffin (Still Reading)

I'll probably download some more Podiobooks or audio books via iTunes to listen to at work this week as well. 

Reading Next...
Ghost of a Promise (Phantoms, #1) by Kelly Moran (Review)
The Uninvited: The True Story of the Union Screaming House by Steven A LaChance (It's on the list)


Finished...
In Broad Daylight  by Seth Harwood (Listened to Podiobook)
by Scott (Listened to Podiobook)
by 



I've been doing some tweaking here and there in the sidebar, I've updated my social networking icons to something that, I think, better matches the back ground. I added a GoodReads widget with Reviews in Queue, so folks can see what reviews are coming up. I'd love to know what you think about these additions.

I uploaded an old/new video review of Snapped by Laura Griffin

On the blog last week...
1/25 Sunday Cup Of... (#3)
1/27 {Book Blitz} In For The Kill
1/27 Teaser Tuesday
1/28 {Guest Post} Break Her Fall by JoAnna Grace
1/29 {Book Review}Vibrational Healing


If you want to see what's coming up just check the agenda widget in the sidebar.

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!


22 comments:

  1. I love Molly Harper and her books are a great way to reward yourself! I am also in the Sunday Post. My blog is Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know her books are great! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I am impressed by your fitness progress...I really need to get back on my exercise bike regularly. And I could walk around the block...the days have been sunny.

    Enjoy your reading...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, although I feel like I could be doing better. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Cute sidebar widget - I haven't seen that one before!

    I see so many bloggers doing the #FitReaders thing. Maybe I should join. Heaven knows I'm not getting anywhere with the exercise thing on my own...

    Have a good week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's why I joined the #FitReaders I needed a little support. Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. That's weird about the difference between your two sites in that contest, but who knows what their criteria are? I don't think the fact that this blog didn't palce means it's less good, only that it met less of their criteria.

    I hope you enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was reader based. Readers voted for their faves, no real criteria. I just would like some feed back on what folks think about the blog and what I could do to make it better. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. When you said only two weeks left it shocked me, I need to get my mind in gear that it is February and V-day is coming soon. Two of my children were born in February so it will be a busy month for family time..hope your week is wonderful and good luck with your fitness goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, seems like the years going to whizz by again. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. I really must read more Molly Harper! I've read one and loved it and really need more. Great job on doing homemade Valentine's! I always mean to do stuff like that but somehow never do. Good luck with your fitness goals. I need to start exercising again and now that everything's calmed down a bit I have no excuse not too. That's too bad about the awards and I can imagine how frustrating that must be. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly Harper is a wonderful author, definitely try to read more of her work. I love doing homemade stuff for the kids but it's so much harder now that I'm working. Exercising is harder too, since I've been working I'm just so tired at the end of the day. Yeah it was a little frustrating, but there's always next year. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I stuck with Bookblogwalkers all last year and signed up again this year when it grew into FitReaders, it's a great way to get encouragement and motivation and I for one need the accountability. Having a fitbit really helps me too but I'd love to get a treadmill ... I hate walking in the heat. Keep up the good work on the bike and with yoga!

    I like the reviews in queue widget, very cool! Have a great week and happy reading, you're spoilt for choice that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like a fitbit but only have a pedometer, opposite problem here it's to cold. Thanks for the encouragement, and glad you like the widget, yup I'm spoilt. :) lol.

      Delete
  8. Enjoy your books and keep walking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to start exercising too...I am so lazy! Great new books...all of them sound up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly had a busy week. Lots of great books here too.

    Thanks for visiting The Busy Mom's Daily.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...