Saturday, March 21, 2015

30 Day Yoga Challenge

Since we moved to our new place in Dec I haven't really been able to keep up with my diet and exercise routine. To be honest it feels like something is constantly going wrong. I've been stressed out, tired, and depressed. Some has to do with life in general and some is the weather. We recently had a warm snap lost most our snow, now it's dropped back down and you guessed it snowing. The big bummer of this is DK and I had been talking of going hiking, he and I could deal with 30-40 degree weather, but not yucky snow.
Anyhoo in an effort to get my butt back into working out I decided to do a 30 day Yoga Challenge. I've done several workouts offered by Yoga With Adriene, I think she might be my favorite Youtube yoga instructor. I started with Day 1 yesterday, the videos run between 12 & 35 minutes long. The seem to be starting out easy and working up to the harder stuff, which is perfect for what I need right now. I can get my body used to all the moves and flow.
One of the things I love about Adriene's video's is she encourages you to listen to your body and do what works for you. If you can't reach the floor on a forward fold, she tells you to reach as far as comfortable. Her way of teaching is fairly freestyle, conforming to what you need. She offers easy poses for beginners and tells how to make it a little harder for people who want to push themselves.
If you are interested in the challenge here is the starting video...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...