Fitness Journal #2

So I've done fairly good on workout and eating right... ok at least keeping my calorie intake below the out. I wound up taking two rest days in a row, Thursday because we had to go out shopping after work and I didn't get home until late so I just didn't have a workout in me. Friday I was super sore and tired, I hadn't gotten any sleep Thursday night. Still I figure I'm doing pretty good, Tuesday I walked from work to the kids school, for a parent teacher conference, and back. Granted it took a bit longer than I thought it should've but still. I want to start walking or running, at least on weekends, but I don't think it's going to happen. I also want to get out and start hiking, as does DK but the weather is so fickle lately. One day we have 50 and sun the next 30 and snow. It's very frustrating.
I have to admit I'm jealous of those folks who can go out in rain, snow whatever the temp and run. While all I have to do is start the hardest part is just doing it. Taking that first step, going out the door and actually trying to run... is really the hard part.
I've also been reading up on how to train to run and things I could do inside without a treadmill. Like running up and down the stairs, although with my luck I'd probably fall and break my ankle, or at the very least sprain it. Wouldn't be the first time. It's stuff to consider.
Another thing I've been reading up on is the 5:2 diet or Fast Diet. It's where you eat normal meals for 5 days then, fast or eat only 500 calories for women (600 calories for men) for 2 days. I'm not considering this to lose weight, I'm considering it because I basically do a 6:1 version now. Usually I take Friday or Saturday as a skip day and the use Sunday as a detox day. Which means I drink a lot of tea, and eat stuff like grapefruit, cucumbers and whatever will flush my system. While not for everybody this works for me and I like doing it. I've never been one for fad diets, but after reading the research this actually kind of makes sense. I'm going to do some more reading, and maybe I'll do a post on it.

Goals for right now- workout and eat healthy

Comments