Monday, April 13, 2015

{Book Review} The Herbal Goddess Guide: Create Radiant Well-Being Every Day with Herb-Inspired Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More by Amy Jirsa

The Herbal Goddess Guide: Create Radiant Well-Being Every Day with Herb-Inspired Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More
by Amy Jirsa
Publisher: Storey Publishing
Released: April 21st 2015 by Storey Publishing
Genre: Non-Fiction- NA: Herbs, cooking, beauty, yoga, health and wellness
How I got it: NetGalley

Master herbalist Amy Jirsa offers recipes and ideas for exploring and embracing the distinctive qualities of 12 powerful healing herbs -- chamomile, rose, dandelion, holy basil, nettle, calendula, lavender, turmeric, echinacea, elder, cinnamon, and ginger. Jirsa shows you how to get to know each one just as an herbalist does -- by immersing yourself in every aspect of the herb and naturally coming to understand its innate properties. Through delicious teas and foods, luxurious salves, skin and hair care treatments, complementary yoga poses, meditations, and more, you’ll deepen your appreciation of these herbs and learn how best to use them for improved health and wellness.

Review: This book takes on 12 fairly common herbs and all their uses... I mean all of them from teas to magic. It even offers complementary yoga poses. Ms Jirsa has jam packed this book with all sorts of great information. I enjoyed reading through the different recipes for tea and foods. As a tea lover these sounded really nice and I can't wait to try them out. As someone who enjoyed making her own beauty products I really liked the salves, skin and hair care treatment recipes. I never considered making things like chamomile lip balm before. I found the yoga poses to be interesting as well, because well I do yoga. Basically this book was right up my alley, I even liked learning all the magical uses for these herbs.
If you are interested in learning more about using herbs in pretty much any fashion imaginable then this is definitely the book for you. I really enjoyed it and feel it will make a great addition to my library.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...