{Book Review} Thorne Manor...And Other Bizarre Tales by Diane Wing

Thorne Manor...And Other Bizarre Tales
by Diane Wing
Publisher:Modern History Press
Released:February 2012
Genre: Fiction- Adult: Horror
How I got it: Received a copy from publisher

Thorne Manor and other bizarre tales takes you on a journey through madness with haunted people and places. The reader enters a reality where the world only appears normal – underlying is a dark world of occult influence, dangerous beliefs, and fearsome energies. These 7 page-turning tales appear in this collection:

* Thorne Manor: you are introduced to Heather, a woman trying to separate herself from an emotionally abusive ex-husband. While pursuing her dream of opening a business, she finds herself in an old, abandoned mansion that houses a sinister secret.

* Guardian at the Gate: where a demon with plans to take over the world is given a leadership makeover.

* The Black Sheep: in which a troubled, clairaudient girl rejects her psychotherapist when a new spirit begins to counsel her.

* The Quiet Neighbors: in which a housewife’s first attempt at witchcraft backfires.

* By Invitation Only: where a grieving pet owner is visited by an unusual creature.

* Dream State: where a woman’s dreams become deadly reality.

* Good Riddance: in which a man’s hatred for cats creates an unexpected result.

Review: For the most part I enjoyed the stories in this book.
The tales were creepy, spooky, and kept me entertained. With engaging characters and entrancing plots each story could stand on its own.
I was a little disappointed with the forced sex in Thorne Manor. I found it uncalled for and felt the story wouldn't have suffered if it had been left out.
Other than that I enjoyed the book.


Comments

  1. I really enjoyed these stories too. I'd love for her to write another collection!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.