Sunday, April 12, 2015

Fitness Journal #5: First Run/Walk

So I'm feeling much better today and I pulled my butt out of bed at 6 o'clock to walk/run. It was only 20 minutes. I didn't want to push myself too much after being sick and I also didn't get out the door as fast as I wanted to due to J waking up, asking for a drink.
But I did get outside, I ran (ok jogged) for a few minutes then walked for a bit working up my stamina. Just like all the stuff tells you. I have to admit I wanted to go farther, but I was worried that the kids would wake up and freak out. I did leave a note, but this was kind of spur of the moment. The weather was right, ok it was a little chilly I could see my breath and I should get myself a running cap, but I was up and feeling good.
New goal is to be able to run around the circle of roads near the house. I'm not sure how long it is but I don't think it's more than 3 miles. If they have them this year maybe DK and I can do the 5k they have right here on the point. Of course we'll need to figure out how to scrounge up the money. I really want to do the 1000 islands Zombie Walk in October but I don't think it will happen. Firstly because of money and secondly we might not have a vehicle to get us there. So that's probably right out, there's possibly next year, or I could do like last year and ask for it as a birthday present. Hmm...Anyway I finally got started with the running and that's a huge step. Also I got to wake up to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...