Sunday, June 7, 2015

Journal #12

Why is it whenever I decide I'm going to try and go for a run or workout in the mornings I never get any sleep the night before? I think it's a conspiracy.
Last night I told myself I'm going to do something first thing in the morning, HIIT workout or go running. I want to see if I can go longer than 10 mins if I'm running a flat surface instead of the hill. Every time right about the 10 minute mark I get a horrible stitch in my side and can't get rid of it until I just give up. So I just want to try something different. Now I could go during the day, but I feel guilty taking off on DK and the kids, especially when I'm at work all week. Hence the running on the hill.
Anyway back to the conspiracy. I said I was going to do something this morning, so I went to bed shortly before 10pm last night and couldn't sleep. I was falling asleep in the living room chair, but when I climbed in bed... wide awake. Shortly after that C climbs in bed with me, fine whatever... but he is a sleep kicker. So once he fell asleep I carried him to his bed, and went back to bed. Finally fell asleep, only to be woken up an hour later by C crawling back in bed with me. Seriously kid! Fine, I wait till he's asleep and take him back to bed.
Ok back to bed, only to have DK come to bed and talk to me for a half hour. It's about 3 in morning now and I've gotten only a few hours sleep. Finally DK goes to sleep and I can go back to sleep, only to have my alarm go off at 6 am. I don't manage to crawl out of bed until 6:30, telling myself I will do a workout. Yeah 8am rolled around and I had only managed to look at workouts and suck down some coffee. I feel jipped.
I know later I'll either workout or run in the yard, but still as much as I want to go running in the morning I can not get with it. I also know I have no one but myself to blame, and that I'm making excuses for just not doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...