Thursday, July 2, 2015

{Book Review} Mabon: Rituals, Recipes & Lore for the Autumn Equinox (Llewellyn's Sabbat Essentials) by Llewellyn Publications, Diana Rajchel

Mabon: Rituals, Recipes & Lore for the Autumn Equinox (Llewellyn's Sabbat Essentials)
by Llewellyn Publications, Diana Rajchel
Publisher: Llewellyn Publications
Release: July 8th 2015
Genre: Non-Fiction- Adult: Wiccan, Religion
How I got it: Netgalley

Llewellyn's Sabbat Essentials series explores the old and new ways of celebrating the seasonal rites that are the cornerstones in the witch's year. A well-rounded introduction to Mabon, this attractive book features rituals, recipes, lore, and correspondences. It includes hands-on information for modern celebrations, spells and divination, recipes and crafts, invocations and prayers, and more!

Review:
I have to admit that Mabon is my favorite Sabbat, because some years it actually falls on my birthday Which I think is pretty cool.
This mean I love learning more about the history and how to celebrate it. Of course this is the perfect book for that.
Mabon is a harvest festival celebrating the Autumnal Equinox.This is the day when the days begin to grow shorter and the nights longer. In some places n this day the day and night last for the same length of time.
As with the other books in this series Mabon gives us a bunch of information on rituals, decor, crafts, and recipes to honor this day. I really enjoyed reading and learning more about this Sabbat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...