Monday, July 6, 2015

Journal #16

I'm sore, sunburned, tired and in the best mood ever! DK bought a used fishing kayak off a friend of ours and then we went up to K-mart and got me a el-cheapo sit-top that was on sale. We shouldn't have spent the money, but since the van didn't cost as much as we thought it would... let's just say I'm not complaining.

We launched them from the cottage, and paddled around the lake for a couple hours. I had so much fun! First I paddled the blue sit-on-top and DK used the red one to fish from. Later we switched, I actually liked the red one better, and he played with the blue one. He actually caught a fish while in the blue one. We also took turns flipping the blue one, it was surprisingly hard and after several failed attempts (and face fulls of water) I managed to get back on. But it was also super fun and I got to laugh at myself when I almost got on only to fall off the other side.
I loved floating around, just chilling and paddling around. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be feeling it in my arms, tomorrow but I'm totally cool with that. Downside we might have lost the plug to the red kayak, DK noticed it after we got home. He went back to find it, fingers crossed he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...