Friday, July 24, 2015

Journal # 19 - Make-up Yuck!

My SIL's wedding is in about a week. I have a dress, and shoes. I can probably make my hair decent, but like every other "special" event I have no idea how to put on make up. I'm one of those girls who considers chapstick my go to lip whatever. See I don't even know the wordage. I watched youtube tutorials for three hours, (which could have been used for more constructive things) recreation was a disaster. Every video, even beginner videos, requires all these brushes and foundations, concealers, primers... I'm not sure if I'm painting my face or a house. I'm a 32 year old woman who has to watch a 16 year old apply makeup and I still don't get it.
I tried multiple combinations, and as soon as I put on my glasses they all looked the same. I feel like pulling my hair out. I want to look nice, but I am not a make-up girl. I have never been a girlie girl. I can't really think of anyone in my family that is, no one taught me how to put on make-up and I never needed to outside of weddings, funerals, the prom, and job interviews. Oh and the black eyeliner/ eyeshadow in highschool, but I made lots of poor fashion choices back then.
So after all this, I am no closer to knowing how to put on make-up, I got soap in my eye, and apparently K-mart brand eyeshadow isn't good enough for beauty bloggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.