Sunday, September 13, 2015

Journal #27- Reset

So I've decided to restart a few of my accounts, like my BodySpace.com account and I started another MyFitnessPal account. I'm flip flopping on deleting my FatSecret account, mainly because I have a bunch of recipes I created in my cook book and need to copy them before I do it which will be a pain in the butt. Why did I do this you might be asking or maybe you just don't care... either way I'm going to tell you why. While I like FatSecret, MyFitnessPal has a lot more features to track what I'm trying to do... put on lean muscle. My Endomondo app, which I use to track my exercise, automatically syncs with Myfitnesspal. FatSecret doesn't sync with anything but Fitbit via a third party site. Point number 2 I'm considering getting an activity tracker for my birthday (this is a whole other post). Several different ones work with Myfitnesspal giving me some options on what to get, see above for FatSecret.
Another thing MyFitnessPal has that FatSecret doesn't is a bigger community of people trying to gain weight or bulking like me. It doesn't make me feel like the odd man out anymore. It sounds stupid but posting about how gaining a pound was awesome when so many people were happy losing made me pretty self-conscious. Part of me also felt like I was rubbing my ease of losing weight in people's faces. It's awkward when your goal is the exact opposite of everyone around you. I guess what it boils down to is FatSecret just isn't a good fit for me anymore no matter how hard I try to make it work.
So while I'm going to lose basically all my progress thus far I'm looking at it as a reset, wiping the slate clean and starting new. Not a restart because I'm not restating things from the beginning, I'm just resetting so I can start on the new phase and focus on that.  I really do feel that part of my problem was the ingrained sense of seeing red on my FatSecret plan. I was so used to focusing on green and making sure my intake was below my calorie burn. I know I've said it before but I really need to work on my way of thinking and I hope this will help.
So that's why the MyFitnessPal account, the BodySpace is a little more embarrassing. When I set it up I misspelled the username and you can't change it. Also now the two accounts have the same username... LadyLegasus. I've been watching way too much Teen Titans with the munchkins. On top of that it goes back to the whole wiping the slate clean and resetting. I'm starting fresh with a new calorie tracker and new fitness tracker, of course this doesn't leak over into Zombies, Run or Endomondo but that's ok. Since those are on my phone there's really not much I can do about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...