Friday, November 6, 2015

Q&A with Lisa Tillinger Johansen, author of Stop the Diet, I Want to Get Off

Today we're having a little bit of Q&A with Lisa Tillinger Johansen author of Stop the Diet, I Want to Get Off.

Q: Do you have another profession besides writing?
A: I do, although it ties into my writing. I’m a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in nutritional science. I work as a health educator and speaker. I’m also an author and my bestselling book, Stop The Diet, I Want To Get Off! is my second nutrition book. So, I write what I practice professionally.

Q: How long have you been writing?
A: I’ve been writing for a very long time. I wrote my first play when I was in fourth grade and my friends and I performed it for our class. I wrote another play in fifth grade and then I penned my biggest stage production, Rocky and the Boys in seventh grade. After that, I turned my attention to writing lots of notes that I passed to my friends and also began essay writing, which I adored. In my twenties, I tried my hand at writing a romance novel entitled The Girl with the Kelly Green Scarf. It was maybe eighty pages from start to finish. So, of course, that didn’t go anywhere. After I got my masters, I knew that health and wellness books were the way to go.

Q: Where do you write?
A: I write on the couch with my laptop in my family room. I have the TV on, my research at my feet and my two dogs snuggled beside me. It doesn’t get better than that!

Q: What advice would you give budding writers?
A: Write what you know and where your passion lies. It’s not easy to write a book, so rely on your strengths. And don’t give up. You’ll get there.

Q: What’s your favorite travel spot?
A: I don’t have one favorite travel spot. My husband and I love travel and we are lucky to have been all over the world. I love seeing new places, experiencing different cultures and tasting the local cuisine. Some of my most favorite trips have been to India, Egypt, Vietnam, China, Italy and Greece. Next up is Iceland and Norway!

Stop The Diet, I Want To Get Off!
by Lisa Tillinger Johansen

The Paleo. The Zone. The Gluten-free. Another day, another diet. We’re caught in a never-ending merry-go-round of weight loss plans, fueled by celebrity endorsers, TV doctors and companies angling for a piece of a $60 billion industry. But do these diets really work? And how healthy are they?
Registered Dietitian Lisa Tillinger Johansen examines dozens of the most wildly popular diets based on medical facts, not hype. And along the way, she reveals tried-and-true weight loss strategies, relying on her years of hospital experience, weight-loss seminars and community outreach efforts.
With insight and humor, STOP THE DIET, I WANT TO GET OFF shows that the best answer is often not a trendy celebrity-endorsed diet, but easy-to-follow guidelines that are best for our health and our waistlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...