Tuesday, January 12, 2016

{Review} e-Hydrate Protein-On-The-Go

DK got me a pouch of this to try in my fitness box at Christmas. When I first saw it I thought what a cute idea. The pouch is perfect to toss in a gym bag or hiking backpack. It would probably even fit in a waist bag if you wanted to take it running.
Just fill the pouch with water, shake, and drink.
Not filled
Filled with water.
Make sure you shake it well, and try to squish out any clumps you see floating around. I had a hard time getting all the lumps and wound up getting a few in the mouth. Yuck! (Side note: Not sure if it was normal or not, but when I opened the pouch the powder had become stuck in the opening and I had to push it down before filling it. Also not sure how old this was either as you can see in the corner this was on clearance. While it was still before it's expiration date, I have no idea how long it had been on the shelf.)
DK bought me the vanilla, my preferred flavor, but it also comes in chocolate. It tasted good enough, not super great but better than some protein powders I've tasted. At least it didn't have that chalky aftertaste that some do.
One pouch contains 25 grams of protein, and 150 calories. Which is about on par nutritionally with most protein powders I use. According to the website they only use natural ingredients which I like as some of the other protein are questionable. This also contains electrolytes, so you get a bonus of replenishing those after a hard workout too.
While this wasn't super great, I wouldn't be opposed to drinking it regularly. The pouch is really convenient and it tastes decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.