Saturday, January 30, 2016

This is awesome!! Barbie Evolves

Have you seen this?


Barbie just got a huge... major make over. 
Mattel is releasing the new Fashionista dolls which will have four different body types: the original, tall, curvy, and petite. The dolls will feature seven skin tones, 22 eye colors, 30 hair colors, 24 hairstyles, and 14 face sculpts.
"We believe we have a responsibility to girls and parents to reflect a broader view of beauty," Evelyn Mazzocco, the brand's senior vice president and global brand manager, said in a statement. "These new dolls represent a line that is more reflective of the world girls see around them – the variety in body type, skin tones and style allows girls to find a doll that speaks to them."



As a girl I had your standard Barbies, blond, big boobed, no waist, huge hips and legs for days. I love that Mattel has finally gotten with the program so my daughter can have a doll that matches what she sees around her every day. There's no standard mold for the female body, every shape, and color is beautiful. I think it's empowering that Mattel has chosen to release this line and show girls that all body types are important.

Note: This post is my own opinion and was not sponsored or endorsed by Mattel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.