Wednesday, March 16, 2016

My Post Run Yoga Flow

I have found that doing yoga as a cool down after my runs leaves me feeling really great. I've tried several different workouts that I found on YouTube, but as I do more I've discovered different poses that work better for me than others. Here is a post run routine that I really like. I hold each pose for as long as comfortable or for just a few breaths depending on how much time I have after running.
Please note I am not a doctor, nutritionist, fitness expert or personal trainer, this is just something I found works for me.
I start with a forward fold
Rag-doll
Wide Leg Forward Fold
Downward Dog
Bring right leg forward into Runner's Lunge
Warrior 1
Lower down to Pigeon Pose
Advanced Pigeon Pose or King Pigeon
Upward Facing Dog
Downward Facing Dog
Bring left leg forward into Runner's Lunge
Warrior 1
Lower down to Pigeon Pose
Advanced Pigeon Pose or King Pigeon
Shift into Seated Forward Fold
Spinal Twist both sides
Shavasana (Corpse Pose)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...