Friday, March 25, 2016

Runfession for March

Ok this week because it's the last Friday of the month I want to try something different. I stumbled over Runfessions this morning on Marcia's A Healthy Slice and want to give it a shot.


Ok here's the big one I'm jealous of all the folks who get to run actual races. I live vicariously through other running blogs because I can't afford entry fees. I want to do it, but seeing that $20-$30 dollar price I think that's a meal, the phone bill, car repair, new shoes for J or C. I have a very hard time spending that much on myself. Virtual races are cheaper, but I feel like I'm just buying the medal. And then I think do I really need a medal, I can run 5k, 10k or how ever long I want. Of course another part of me is all I want the swag.


I don't like running outside, yet I do. Last year when spring hit I'd get up early on the weekends and run down the road. Other than the judgmental deer I rarely saw anyone, then one morning this truck went by with a couple skeevy looking guys in it. They pulled off the road about 100 yard ahead of me and sat in the truck. I got this bad feeling, turned around and booked it home. Thankfully they didn't follow, but it kind of soured me on the whole morning run thing, which I had been digging until that encounter. We have a pretty big yard so I tried doing laps around it, wasn't the same. I do find doing sprints up and down our hill challenging though. On the other hand there are some trails out by my MIL's that I love running and usually I can drag DK with me.

I have been slacking. Lately I have been slacking in my exercise, diet, life. I have a laundry list of excuses I have a cold, stress, tired, it's too late when I get home from work, I worked 10 hours, etc. I know the only person I'm hurting is myself yet I'm seriously lacking motivation to get my butt in gear. I need a goal. Something to work toward...


4 comments:

  1. While a race can be a bit pricey... it is a great goal to look forward to. If you shell out the money it might keep you motivated. No park near by you could run in ? I would have turned around and gone home too if there were 2 weirdoes in a truck who pulled off. Safety first !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, that's a very good point. No I live in a very rural area, another reason the weirdos in the truck freaked me out.

      Delete
  2. That is so scary. I would have turned around too. It is sad we have to worry about stuff like that!

    Racing has gotten really pricey. I don't race a lot for various reasons, and I rarely race for "fun". I mean, if I want to run a 5k for fun, I can do it for free in my hood. Why pay $30 to run it in a race???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, it is sad that we have to worry about that sort of thing, but we do. And that's exactly my point about the races.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...