Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday Cup of... #11

Sunday Cup of... is a mash up of 
The Sunday Post Hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?  Hosted by Book Date
Mailbox Monday Located at Mailbox Monday
Weekly Workout Recap Hosted by Run Megan Run
Basically it's a weekly post where I talk about books, weekly workouts, bloggy things, and possibly not so bloggy things. It'll be a weekly wrap up / news bulletin type deal. Sound good? If you want to link to your own week feel free to post in the comments. 


This week sucked! I felt like crud up until Friday, and I finally have started feeling better. Monday DK took the van to the garage to get a few things fixed. We needed new struts, tires, a muffler, and other things I have no idea about. He takes it to a friend of his dad's who says he'll get us a good deal and have everything done plus get it inspected for us. Right... he didn't get to the muffler and now there's a clunking sound when we turn or hit bumps. 
Then later in the week J falls down the steps and hurts her foot, I missed work Thursday running her from doctor, to x-ray, etc. Thankfully her foot was not broken, just very badly sprained. She was to stay off it as much as possible, keep it elevated and iced.  While it looks way better now, and she's not limping as bad, J's still milking it for all she can. 
There was a small silver lining in that the Easter Bunny (aka DK) got me a new Funko Pop Harley Quinn for my collection. I've wanted this since Christmas, but couldn't find one. Yes, I was being picky and wanted the classic Harley with a mallet and not one of the other reincarnations. For Christmas I got a mini Funko pack with Harley, The Joker, and Batman. So now I have a big and little Harley, I just need a big Joker to finish up. Confession I collect children's toys.  I even stole borrowed C's Imaginext Catwoman and Poison Ivy so I'd have all the Gotham Sirens. The top of my desk is covered with Funko Pop figures, My Little Ponies, Imaginexts, and most recently TSUM TSUMs. I found these at Walmart and for some reason thought they were adorable, this is weird because I'm not a big Disney Fan. DK knows of my love for Alice in Wonderland so he got me the Chesire Cat. I'm not a total nerd though, I let the kids play with them as long as they put them back, lol.
So for those of you who celebrate...




The Fit Reader section is going to combine my weekly exercise workout and the Fit Reader post.
I slacked so bad this week due to feeling like crud and not being able to breath through my nose.
 3/21/16: No Workout (1516 steps)
3/22/16: Ditto (2266 steps)
3/23/16: Same(1467 steps)
 3/24/16: Grocery shopping (3793 steps)
3/25/16: Finally felt good enough to run 2.68 miles in 36:19 mins on trampoline(4598 steps)
3/26/16: Went for a walk with Dk and C (2438 steps)


Another full week and more to come.
3/21/16: Motivation Monday
              {Spotlight} Fight By H.G. Lynch
3/22/16: Teaser Tuesday
3/23/16: Should I or shouldn't I workout while sick?
3/24/16: {Book Review} A Painful Truth (An Affair With Murder #2) by Brian Spangler
3/25/16: Runfession for March

All links go to Goodreads pages

In my mailbox...
Nada

Email...
Aquarius: Haunted Heart by Sèphera Girón (Netgalley)
Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper by by J.L. Bryan (free on Amazon)
Windwood Farm: A Paranormal Mystery (Taryn's Camera Book 1) by Rebecca Patrick-Howard (bought from Amazon)
Jekyll Island: A Paranormal Mystery (Taryn's Camera Book 5) by Rebecca Patrick-Howard (free on Amazon)


What I'm Reading...
Plague World (Ashley Parker #3) by Dana Fredsti
Murder, Inc., and the Moral Life by Robert Weldon Whalen

Finished:
Tales of the Possessed: Extraordinary true life experiences by C. Torrington (NetGalley)
Something Wicked: A Ghost Hunter Explores Negative Spirits by Debi Chestnut (NetGalley)
Candy from Strangers (August Riordan, #3) by Mark Coggins (Podiobook - listened to it)
The Haunted Heist (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #3) by Angie Fox (NetGalley)

So that's it for this week, hope you'll stop by next Sunday. If you like this idea, go ahead and make your own Sunday Cup of... post, no link back needed. I know some folks commented on the button, you're welcome to use it if you want. Have a great week!

26 comments:

  1. I am finally getting over being sick as well and it was murder on my steps. I had a terrible cough, so working out was totally out of the question!
    Hope the car issues get handled! I know how frustrating that can be (and I am married to a mechanic!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh, car issues are the worst! Hope everything is sorted soon. Enjoy your week...those books sound tempting. Feel better soon!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES


    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a week you had! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better though. You got some great books in your haul this week. :) Happy reading and have a fantastic week!

    Kat Morrisey's The Sunday Post No. 11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I saw the word Funko and I went straight to the right hand side to see if you are on Instagram!! I love my funkos and love posting and occasional pic of them, they get more likes than my book ones!!

    That is a lot of work to your car, hope it all gets sorted out!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any pics up yet, but just wait :). Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a lot of work on the van! I took my car in, too, for regular maintenance (spark plugs, flushing fluids, etc.) and tune up. They even detailed the exterior of my car! I hope that the shop is going to finish out the service on your vehicle. I don't know about your state, but in Texas a muffler is required to operate a motor vehicle. Poor J! I hope she is feeling better at this point. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't think we're going back to him. We'll find someone else to do the muffler or Dk will do it himself. J is feeling much better, Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Fun idea to combine several memes! Hope you feel better soon.

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/03/readingand-coughingreadingand-coughing.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a few weeks of quiet mailboxes and it's kind of nice. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had quite a week. I hope things improve this week. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking up again Shandy! I hope you're feeling better and raedy to jump into another week! :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate car issues but, with a 16 yo car I deal with them a few times each year just hoping not to have to get a new car, lol. Hope you have a better week and enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better. I take off my fitbit when I am sick so as not to get depressed! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably a good idea. Thanks!

      Delete
  12. Seems like the time to be sick.

    I was sick too....that's why I am late visiting everyone.

    Get better and enjoy the rest of this week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your feeling better. Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.