Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Journal #45

I haven't done a journal entry in a while, mainly because I've been keeping folks updated via my weekly posts like Sunday Cup of..., but I need to vent. Sunday morning C woke up with a headache, he crashed on the couch sleeping most the day threw up a couple times and was running a fever. Ok kids tylenol, lots of fluids, let him sleep... this has been going on for the last few days and he hasn't been eating. I used my vacation time from work to stay home with him. Monday because I got like two hours of sleep and today because I thought for sure we were going to have to take him to the doctors. Jury's still out on if we are or aren't, it's still fairly early. He seems to be acting better, at least he's awake and watching cartoons.
Of course I'm worried, C rarely gets sick and usually bounces back no sweat. We also can't figure out how or why he's sick, no one else is... yet. Maybe he picked it up at the dentist or school, who knows.
But my real rant is work, I called in this morning and explained the situation to the floor supervisor. I told her I was using my vacation days to deal with it and yet she still gave me attitude. She's a mom wouldn't she do the same thing if one of her kids was sick?
For me family is my world, I would do anything in my power for my kids and hubby. If that mean I have to "waste" my vacation days nursing my sick seven year old son so be it. I'd rather be home getting puked on by someone I love, than sitting at a sewing machine with a bunch of witches any day.
Am I going to get the cold shoulder when I go to work?  Yes.
Am I going to have to deal with the fall out of someone messing with my machine? Yes.
Am I going to have a ton of backed up work to deal with? Yes.
Am I going to regret it? Hell No.
As long as my babies are healthy and happy I don't care what anybody thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...