Friday, April 29, 2016

Runfessions April


Ok this week because it's the last Friday of the month I'm doing Runfessions and linking up with Marcia's A Healthy Slice.

Sometimes I wonder if I really can call myself a runner. I don't go out and do races, or marathons. I don't even run outside all that much. I haven't even run over 3.5 miles, my 1 mile PR is around 9 mins although recently my mile has grown to 12-13 mins. I've only been running, not religiously, for about a year and keep getting sick, which has really taken a toll on me. So I guess it's really not that bad. But since I don't have a running schedule and don't tend to do it 5 nights a week, makes me wonder if I can really call myself a runner. Of course then I see stuff like this and smile....


Because I totally do.

I am ashamed of myself, my run times and length of runs have sucked recently. As much as I want to rack up the longer times and extra miles I just seem to tire way to fast. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that I keep getting sick, not like sick sick but run down tired nasty cold sick. It's hard to running with your lungs burning, hacking, coughing, a headache from heck, and not being able to breath right. It's like my body is rebelling against me. I really want to get back to where I was last year at this time, but have no idea how to do it.

5 comments:

  1. I go through the same thing... can I still call myself a runner if I haven't signed up for a race this season? If I haven't ran in weeks? Sometimes you just need a little from it to take the pressure off! I have been focusing on teaching my fitness classes so running has taken a back seat lately. I know I'll come back to it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you run you are always a runner. Sounds like you need to focus on getting better and running will come naturally then!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely a RUNNER! Take the pressure off and think of running as a gift you give to yourself. Who cares how fast you are? Just do it at whatever pace brings you joy and if you walk so what? Now for the getting sick part: are you eating well, getting enough sleep and all that? Take care of yourself and thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, you're a runner! All of us "runners" have a different way of doing it...some run daily, some run races every weekend, some do constant speed drills, some run for leisure with no pace/finish time/distance in mind. All of it's good. And all of it's RUNNING ;-) Let your body heal and recover from illness....you can't give 100% to running if you're not feeling 100% healthy. Chin up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you run, you are a runner ! Everyone started running one mile at a time. Keep at it and you will see improvement. That is what is so great about running.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.