Saturday, April 16, 2016

Spring Reset- Stage 1 {Sort of Cleanse}

The actual first day of Spring this year was March 20th, but for me due to living in the arctic tundra that is Northern New York I tend not to think of Spring before April or, as is the case this year, probably May. Pss... Hey, Mother Nature we're sick of snow up here. For me, like for many people, Winter is a time to hole up, snuggle something or someone warm, braving the snow and blow only when necessary. This includes lots of heavy comfort foods, holiday meals, I'm including that Easter ham or St. Paddy's Corned Beef.
For me in the last few months, my diet has gone to heck, I haven't been working out like I should and I've
been a mess physically, emotionally and mentally. I need to get back on track eating healthy and working out like I was last Summer. I was originally going to call this a detox but it's really not it's really just a way to make me accountable for getting back to my healthy habits. Although I am going to include a lot of cleansing foods to the meal plan. A true cleanse or detox would mean cutting out sugar, alcohol, caffeine (not gonna happen), gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, and artificial sweeteners. Some of these I will be cutting out, others just limiting, hence the sort of cleanse. That is also why, I'm calling it a reset not detox.
For the next seven day (that's one week) I'm going to follow this meal plan and workout schedule. 


Day 1: Saturday
Meals:
Breakfast- Eggs, Toast, Bacon, Hash Browns
Lunch- Homemade Mini Pizzas
Dinner- Shrimp Fried Rice

Workout: Running/ Yoga

Day 2: Sunday
Meals:
Breakfast- Eggs, Toast, Hash Browns
Lunch- Tuna on Toast
Dinner- Pizza

Workout: Lifting or Strength Training

Day 3: Monday
Meals:
Breakfast 1- Steel Cut Oats, real maple syrup and a touch of brown sugar.
Breakfast - Fruit and Greek Yogurt
Lunch- Salad: Spinach, kale, celery, carrots, hard boiled egg, chicken with low fat ranch dressing
Dinner- Steak tips and potatoes

Workout: Day 9 - Full Potential Detox Practice - 30 Days of Yoga

Day 4: Tuesday
Meals:
Breakfast 1- Steel Cut Oats, real maple syrup and a touch of brown sugar.
Breakfast 2- Fruit and Greek Yogurt
Lunch- Salad: Spinach, kale, celery, carrots, hard boiled egg, chicken with low fat ranch dressing
Dinner- Steak tips and potatoes

Workout: Yoga Detox Workout: Rainbeau Mars- BeFit Yoga

Day 5: Weds
Meals:
Breakfast 1- Steel Cut Oats, real maple syrup and a touch of brown sugar.
Breakfast 2- Fruit and Greek Yogurt
Lunch- Salad: Spinach, kale, celery, carrots, hard boiled egg, chicken with low fat ranch dressing
Dinner- Tuna sandwich

Workout: Detox Yoga | 20 Minute Yoga Flow for Detox and Digestion

Day 6: Thurs
Meals:
Breakfast 1- Steel Cut Oats, real maple syrup and a touch of brown sugar.
Breakfast 2- Fruit and Greek Yogurt
Lunch- Salad: Spinach, kale, celery, carrots, hard boiled egg, chicken with low fat ranch dressing
Dinner- Tuna Sandwich

Workout: Rest

Day 7: Fri
Meals:
Breakfast- Grapefruit
Lunch- Homemade Ham Sub
Dinner- Herb Chicken 

Workout: Run/ Yoga


Drinks: will be limited to Coffee, Tea and Water.
Snacks: Fruits and Veggies, Smoothies, Homemade Energy Balls, Protein Shakes

At the end of the week I'll post and tell you how it went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.