Saturday, May 14, 2016

Journal # 46: Mother's Day, Virtual Races, and the Sickies

So last Sunday was Mother's Day and my family got me another virtual race to do. Although since I was accepted into the ambassador program on Level Up's website and I picked out the race myself, psst paid for it myself I guess it was more a present to myself. I chose to do the May the 4th be with You  5k that runs from May 4th to May 31st, because it has the most adorable BB8 medal. Here's the illustration from the website, but I've seen the medal in their Instagram and can't wait to add it to my collection. Yes, I am a nerd.
Now of course I wanted to do it as soon as I signed up, but I had just run the One Bad Mother Runner 5k. So I decided I would run it this Friday, didn't happen. Last Saturday we had gone to my MIL and when C got home he up chucked... big time. We thought it was because he ate to much, but then later J got sick and then DK so I spent the week taking care of people with yuckies, dead tired, forcing myself to go to work. I got in one yoga workout and didn't run, for future reference when I am over tired and don't get my workouts in I get crabby. My co-workers found this out as I got very snappy, by Weds and then even more so Thursday. Thankfully everyone was feeling better by Friday and (knock on wood) I haven't gotten it yet. So I was able to get in a short run Friday but not the 5k I was hoping to do.
But this is what I love about the virtual races, I still have time to do it. I'm bummed though because I didn't get my strength training in this week. I did get one other really cool piece of news though, my step-FIL (is that a thing?) he made me a medal hanger. I can't wait to show you what it looks like, I don't have a good picture yet.
So yeah it was an interesting week to say the least.


2 comments:

  1. I've had a lot of fun in the past doing virtual runs!

    I'm glad you found my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving them! Glad you stopped by mine as well.:)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. Just a heads up I moderate my comments, sorry for any inconvenience.